Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions tour to Oz

+12
Pascal
Meeeeeeeat_
Courage1989
jwj201
Wilz
quick
Raggs
Flu444
hikky999
jeolmaga
seanand
quind
16 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Lions  tour to Oz - Page 5 Empty Re: Lions tour to Oz

Post by moocows911 Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:56 am

Words cannot fully demonstrate my disgust at the XV that Gatland has selected.

Hibbard for Youngs is non-sensical. Youngs is the best thrower on the tour, he is SO good in the loose, and they are little different at scrum time

No Ben Youngs in 23 is equally ridiculous. At least if Phillips is injured/plays Shimmy like usual then we can swap him for something different... oh wait we have his twin brother on the bench in Conor Murray

BOD well. Just don't get me started. Tui/BOD were the best looking partnership all tour. If only they were welsh.

moocows911

Back to top Go down

Post by seanand Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:58 pm

moocows911 wrote:Words cannot fully demonstrate my disgust at the XV that Gatland has selected.

Hibbard for Youngs is non-sensical. Youngs is the best thrower on the tour, he is SO good in the loose, and they are little different at scrum time

No Ben Youngs in 23 is equally ridiculous. At least if Phillips is injured/plays Shimmy like usual then we can swap him for something different... oh wait we have his twin brother on the bench in Conor Murray

BOD well. Just don't get me started. Tui/BOD were the best looking partnership all tour. If only they were welsh.
agreed but take offence to the conor murray twin brother thing imo hes way better esp on this tour but i would of started ben youngs and murray to come on like the last day.

im thinking of shouting for australia sat which pisses me off argh

seanand

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:39 pm

So you don't take the view that Murray is a diet version of Philips? I quite like Murray, but I can see why he's so labelled

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by seanand Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:16 pm

Picnic wrote:So you don't take the view that Murray is a diet version of Philips? I quite like Murray, but I can see why he's so labelled
just because hes tall ya sure but he offers more in my view, wont make as many breaks or score as many tries as phillips

seanand

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Slightly faster pass, and then? Murray tends to allow the 10 to run the game more than Phillips will, but that's perhaps a different thing to a better thing

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by moocows911 Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:09 pm

It was a harsh label, I will admit it, but the style of play of the two is similar, was all I meant by the comment.

I would agree I prefer murray to phillips, but Yougns needs to be in the 23 so you can change the plan at SH, if only Gatland had a change of plan!

moocows911

Back to top Go down

Post by seanand Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:57 pm

what change of plan tho, we had flair in the 2nd test plenty of it but now we have gone to brute force. the wingers will only see the ball when they come into the centre so it makes sense weve no 7 as the ruck will always be close but if were always kicking why drop our best defensive centre.

argh

seanand

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:43 am

Speaking to a lad I know in Australia last night on Skype, I was a kind as I could possibly be about the Aussie rugby team, but he still seemed to feel I was taking the pish.

Did hear though why Cooper wasn't being picked. Everyone knows Cooper is a dick, but at some point prior to him being left out of the squad 4-6 of the Aussie squad signed a petition (I think petition would be the word) that he start being less of a dick, turn up on time, do his media work etc that the rest of them were being asked to do. Cooper responded to this be refusing to pass to any of them.

I'd in the main have been on the side of picking Cooper before this. But the lad I spoke to has decent connections in Aussie rugby, and I'm minded to believe it's true. And you can't pick a 10 who decides who he passes to on the basis of who he likes or not.

Not sure Deans is a top coach, but it's not perhaps his fault so many of his talented backs are utter twerps.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanand Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:01 am

I'd don't know a lot of guys in the Aussie just seem like idiots but he seems to be undercontrol at club level so I'd like to give benefit of doubt and always blame the coach ha

seanand

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Not sure a coach has anywhere to go on this one. You could argue he should drop them all, you might even say he should never have let this start to happen. But if your 10 is refusing to pass to players like AAC (and I'd bet a lot one of the 6 is AAC) then something has to give, and one is better than six.

Not least as people from NZ can't say six without people laughing at them

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5