Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AP Summer Transfers (confirmed)

+6
ostino
Basil
seanand
Raggs
Wilz
quind
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

AP Summer Transfers (confirmed) - Page 3 Empty Re: AP Summer Transfers (confirmed)

Post by Raggs Fri May 10, 2013 10:49 am

Well I know this is staff, but Howarth is leaving Wasps, Jones is taking over as attack coach, and the best news ever is that we've hired a defence coach! Brad Davis from Bath, lets hope our tries against ends up as low as Baths this season.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

AP Summer Transfers (confirmed) - Page 3 Empty Re: AP Summer Transfers (confirmed)

Post by Raggs Fri May 10, 2013 11:02 am

We also have signed another 8 Very Happy, but he also plays 7 which is perfect.

That's 6 players that can cover 8 now I think Very Happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZIA6inc0R0

Guy Thompson
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri May 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Raggs wrote:We also have signed another 8 Very Happy, but he also plays 7 which is perfect.

That's 6 players that can cover 8 now I think Very Happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZIA6inc0R0

Guy Thompson

And Ashley Johnson has signed a contract extension which is even better news Very Happy

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by spudola1 Fri May 10, 2013 3:49 pm

Raggs wrote:Well I know this is staff, but Howarth is leaving Wasps, Jones is taking over as attack coach, and the best news ever is that we've hired a defence coach! Brad Davis from Bath, lets hope our tries against ends up as low as Baths this season.

Just been announced that Dean Ryan has persuaded Howarth to join us at Wuss. Seems a good addition to our staff to me (especially considering we have been getting by with part time coaches recently). I liked what I saw from your backs this season, perhaps this will be a true barometer of whether that was down to good coaching ftom Howarth or just a combination of individual talent from the likes of Wade, Varndell etc.
spudola1
spudola1

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri May 10, 2013 3:58 pm

If we do see less from Wasps in attack it might be as they will now practice defence too

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by spudola1 Fri May 10, 2013 4:13 pm

It's hard to strike a balance between the two. When we came back up last season we looked pretty solid but boy were we dull to watch!

I'm interested to see how Joey Carlisle fares with you lot (as well as Goodey and Mullan too of course), he's never really impressed me at Wuss, hopefully a new environment will give him a new lease of life.

Apparently Trevor Woodman is also being linked to Warriors. Looks like some arrangement where you have a few of our players and we take your coaching staff!
spudola1
spudola1

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri May 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Would that be Woodman and Vickery, or just someone who can find the Wuss training ground?

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by spudola1 Fri May 10, 2013 4:42 pm

Haven't heard about Vickery but I gather he hasn't been around much this season (once or twice a month). My gut feeling is that he'll be gone soon but you never know.

Don't mention our training ground to Joey, he crashed his car at Sixways on his way to training recently and has been hit with a driving ban as he was well over the limit from the night before (oops). Apparently he's been getting lifts from Goodey! The most amazing thing about that is that the players even need to go to training as there was no one there to coach them anything!

I wonder if we'll be hiring any more of your staff? What's the bar staff like there? Ours need improving! lol
spudola1
spudola1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Fri May 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Raggs wrote:Brad Davis from Bath, lets hope our tries against ends up as low as Baths this season.

Unfortunately for you, from the setup, it seems Davis wasn't involved in Bath's defence this season as he was the skills coach until December and then he left. I think we have Mr Ford Snr to thank for the tries against column. I hope he does well for you though. I liked Brad Davis.
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Fri May 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Wilz wrote:
Raggs wrote:Brad Davis from Bath, lets hope our tries against ends up as low as Baths this season.

Unfortunately for you, from the setup, it seems Davis wasn't involved in Bath's defence this season as he was the skills coach until December and then he left. I think we have Mr Ford Snr to thank for the tries against column. I hope he does well for you though. I liked Brad Davis.

Your tries against column looked ever better last season Wink Very Happy. We don't have a defence coach at the moment, so it's probably going to be step up from nothing.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat May 11, 2013 7:52 am

Davis is a good coach. I think in broad terms he was messed around more than a little by Bath when he'd done some good work for them.

I've no problem with them bringing in another coach, but giving Davis an area he might not have expected, not giving him much time with the players to do much on that, and then telling him he wasn't coming up to speed just seems stupid, or as Bath call it a Gold Standard.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon May 13, 2013 6:35 am

Updated some more, including the return of Joe Ford to the AP (joining Sale)

Though the interesting one might be Lee Imiolek leaving Sale. He was a bit of a star at under 20 level, and clearly so far he's not having an impact at the senior level one might hope, how much is down to size, player, coaching/selection I don't know

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quick Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Wentzel has left Wasps.

quick

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Can see why they signed Myall now

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:13 pm

need to update for Wentzel and Payne leaving Wasps

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:59 pm

I got bored a while back. Though I may at some point go through as there's a fair bit to update.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:04 pm

First post updated, though not with my work. Instead I've copied an update someone else has done on one of the rugby forums. I also confess I've not checked it awfully well.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Lee Thomas retired for Wasps

Starting early this season Sad 

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:55 pm

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:19 pm

Not confirmed by wasps, but all evidence (more than just rumour) points to wasps having signed Carlo Festuccia, italian international hooker, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlo_Festuccia

Wouldn't be surprised if he was starting over Lindsay who seems to be far more of an impact sub (and he does make some impact).
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:46 pm

Actually that's a good way to describe Lindsay, an impact player. And that's whether off the bench or starting, if that lad wasn't so poor in the lineout he'd be England's #1 by a distance.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:37 am

Confirmed now Very Happy

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 am

i'll update Wasps tomorrow on the first page, I'm being lazy and copying from ESPN Scrum

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ostino Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Raggs wrote:Not confirmed by wasps, but all evidence (more than just rumour) points to wasps having signed Carlo Festuccia, italian international hooker, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlo_Festuccia

Wouldn't be surprised if he was starting over Lindsay who seems to be far more of an impact sub (and he does make some impact).
If you want a comment by an italian who see many times Festuccia's game....well, I never like him a lot.

Others italian, D'Apice leave gloucester (where played a couple of game) coming back to zebre in pro12, and other two props: Romano (Saracens) and Staibano (london wasps) leave premiership (can't remeber if they plaied some games Wink ) to come back in our semi-pro national league.

ostino

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:28 am

ostino wrote:
Raggs wrote:Not confirmed by wasps, but all evidence (more than just rumour) points to wasps having signed Carlo Festuccia, italian international hooker, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlo_Festuccia

If you want a comment by an italian who see many times Festuccia's game....well, I never like him a lot.

Others italian, D'Apice leave gloucester  (where played a couple of game) coming back to zebre in pro12, and other two props: Romano (Saracens) and Staibano (london wasps) leave premiership (can't remeber if they plaied some games Wink ) to come back in our semi-pro national league.
Why didn't you like him?
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next