Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Players to watch in the AP

4 posters

Go down

5 Players to watch in the AP Empty 5 Players to watch in the AP

Post by quind Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:27 am

Which players are you really looking forwards to playing this season, whether young players about to have a breakthrough season, perhaps those on the cusp of the England squad or even team, those you want to see push on, new signings, or those who could put real shape on a team?

Feel free to even include the likes of Luke Cowan Dickie, though he's likely to not play much with Yeandle having a breakthrough last season, indeed Yeandle could well be on some top 5s for this season.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

5 Players to watch in the AP Empty Re: 5 Players to watch in the AP

Post by Raggs Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:45 am

Eastmond - Very exciting player, if he can prove that he can stop even the biggest guys running at him, it'd do him a lot of good. And just keep distributing beautifully, whilst making sure that his running threat can't be ignored. I don't know if due to his size he'll ever be seriously considered as a starter for England, but it'd be nice to think it's possible.

Daly - Injured for the start of the season, but I hope will get a lot of time in one position (probably FB) and start to really push for an EPS place. Huge boot, amazing pace, and good strength too.

Simpson - I'm hoping that with what may be a better pack, he gets some more front foot ball to work with and show some of the old magic. May be able to push for an EPS spot if any of the 3 incumbents lose form.

Kvesic - Got himself into the EPS, now he needs to put in a solid seasons work to show that he deserves that spot over Fraser and maybe Wallace.

Corbs - Already a big name, but I want to see him have an injury free season, and whether he can adapt to the new laws. He really has the potential to be one of the best, if not the best, LH in the world, and I want to see that fulfilled.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:52 am

Going to try and name 5 that aren't on the more obvious list.

Marcelo Bosch. No idea how they intend to use him, they've been very consistent in using Farrell, Barritt and Tomkins in midfield. But he's a class act so I can't see him not being used.

Anthony Watson. Could easily have gone for Ford, Eastmond, Garvey, Attwood or JJ from Bath. But Watson albeit I'm not even convinced he can oust Bendy is the one I find most interesting.

Glenn Dickson. Tempted to go wit Kahn Fotuali'i, but that's rather more obvious. Whether Dickson plays, and then whether he plays 10 or 12 will say much about what King wants to do with Saints

Daniel Braid. Just works very hard and makes lots of good decisions. Not world class, but still stands out in the AP and a pleasure to watch.

Dean Schofield. At a conservative guess Dean is now 127, but he'll be the rallying point for the team under Ryan. With people like Abbott, Senatore, Hodgson and Mieres around Wuss may not struggle as much as is being feared, and certainly have enough to make Sixways a horrible place to go and play.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:21 am

I plan to watch Saints, Sarries and Exeter this season, so picking from there ..

Englands bright future at Exeter

Nowell, Hill, Cowan-Dickie (all will be knocking on Englands door, Cowan-Dickie with the best chance of success in the long run)

Englands murky past at Saints

Hartley, Clarke (players who would be at the heart of Englands plans , if it weren't for all the stoopid)
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:42 pm

As an Irish i am going to be obviously looking at a couple of them, but there are some very exciting youngsters in other clubs as well!

Marland Yarde - had a good season in a poor Irish side I must say and deserved his England call-up, but can he push for a start in England's team?

Matt Kvesic - perhaps this is for the same reason as Yarde, as an out and out 7 (which England really need!) it'll be interesting to see if he too can earn more England call-ups

Christian Wade - scored tries for fun last season, can he do the same again this season? Can wade and yarde become England's new wingers?

Alex Corbisiero - had a fantastic lions tour and is devastating in the scrum, but is always injured, if he could have a good injury-free season it would be great to see from the former Irish man

Chris Ashton - came under fire from alot of people last year(including me) can he recall his form that earned him the reputation as one of the northern hemisphere's deadliest wingers? He certainly needs to answer his critics;

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:51 am

So how are we going Very Happy

Eastmond had one run out cut short in the rain. Not much to watch.

Daly should have a run out this saturday.

Simpson is looking fairly sharp for me, perhaps not quite pushing for an EPS spot, but he's possibly first reserve in my mind should an injury strike.

Kvesic, not been that impressed overall, he's done some good, and some not so good, I'd still go for Robshaw in the AIs atm.

Corbs, well Saints seemed to suffer without him, only getting perhaps parity against Gloucester!
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:56 am

Have to say though, on the scrum half front, I'm still loving Dan Robson of Glaws. Good pass, and real dog of a tackler. In the saints game, had the pass not been forward to North, Robson would have been the man on him, and I'd have backed him to get him, he was the one to take North down on Norths big run, and a few seconds later was the guy chasing Elliot back as Elliot went over. The guy must have some jack russell terrier in his blood.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:08 am

Marcelo Bosch. Not arrived, still not certain he will. Sarries could use him, though even if he does arrive he'll likely then be away for the AI at a time Barritt is still out.

Anthony Watson. Class. Still no real idea where to stand, but nonetheless class.

Glenn Dickson. Not even played, Saints continuing with the bosh and are happy Myler offers enough creativity.

Daniel Braid. Just works very hard and makes lots of good decisions. Not world class, but still stands out in the AP and a pleasure to watch. (The bit in brackets is the only adjustment to comments on Braid, top player, doubtful that once more presented with the obvious that flankers don't have to be 6'4'' plus and 16 stone plus the rest of the AP coaches will pay any attention though)

Dean Schofield. Wow he's got work to do. Must be desperate for Senatore to arrive.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spudola1 Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:53 am

Tangy wrote:Dean Schofield. Wow he's got work to do. Must be desperate for Senatore to arrive.
Yeah Schofield has had such a good start to the season (he was beyond dreadful for us last season too) that we've already announced the signing of this guy. Soon enough Worcester might end up with the entire Argentinian side! (However at this rate our relegation may already have been decided Mad Mad
spudola1
spudola1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down