Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopmans' bid for NT

5 posters

Go down

Hopmans' bid for NT Empty Hopmans' bid for NT

Post by Hopmans Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 am

Since Raggs has shown real class by banning me from the chatbox i have to put my way of selecting players here. i wont be answering much questions here. as i rather focus on making a longlist for england.

how do i select my players for England?
First of i will create a longlist.I use a specialy designed program for this which i've written myself. Because i have written it myself i can adapt more easily to any changes BR makes. I'm therefore not dependend on a South african who has written a similar program. Although it looks crude i can tell you it works like a charm everytime. I even have to use it at specific hours to not start up some BR servers in Virginia that'll cost Jeremy money.

The input is coming from something called API. it's basicly an other way of asking data from the BR servers. but this progress can be automated and works faster then having to scan every club's page.The program works by asking all player data from every club in every BR country. so i get the lot. I can set nationality to look for and an age limit (in case you want to look for -20).
http://postimg.org/image/at42phgkn/a7cbbae7/
http://postimg.org/image/bg864j1id/2e9b37df/

The output is a list of players name, player id, age and their CSR. A second small file will combine the data from every country and that would create a large list of every player which hold the english nationality. The list is then saved so when i run the program again i can see which players really moved up the list and invite them in earlier than their rivals because he is getting more training.

Not all of these players are eligible to play for England. A manual search has to be done to pick out every player that hasplayed for an other senior NT. Which isnt that hard to do and it learns me a lot about my players and my opposition.

The result is what i call the longlist. Players can either be: DEBUT (never played for any country), DROPPED (player has played for England, but isnt in the squad anymore) or NT (in the national side).

The list is now about 100 players long (for england the full list would be longer but i dont think anybody ranked 120 in CSR would be able to hold its place just yet). not all of them are good enough.
http://postimg.org/image/8v6i21had/0a3ab1f9/

The short list its where the big boys are allowed to enter. These are the best of the best. The short list doesnt have a exact number of players as a limit. But its about 45-50 players. These players are selected not by CSR but by skillsets. I will calculate their value for each position. I will then look at each postion an pick the best players. This gives me about 15-20 players in the squad (some players that arent ranked first but rank second in mutiple places will get a spot as well as it is clear that they will be a first replacement). The other sports are filled by looking at thier skillsets, age, and which positions look weak.

All players in the short list will be monitored for progress. Players who dont receive enough training won't be in the short list very long. This process also ensures the conveyor belt of youngster moving up towards the seniors is maintained.

http://postimg.org/image/kdd9rc9if/a89c14d1/

Every manager with players in the short list will be given a IGM which asks for their training regime (both TT as IT). All managers will be given clear and honest expectations about how their player rank and what the prospect is gonna be (whether they will be eligible shortly or not. No bullying will take place in order to you to train you players. Where needed the training regime will be adapted.

Lineups:
now the true magic happens. All players are given a value for each position. The sum of the values will be higher for some lineup than for others. I have written a file that is very large that can calculate the lineup with the highest value. This gives me the edge over other managers. Nobody else has this program. I wrote it and it why i beat teams like Wales (400k CSR more than Holand) and Italy (500k CSR more than Holland, granted italy's 2nds).

http://postimg.org/image/k7putji03/651734d0/
its very large: over 16.000 lines
http://postimg.org/image/olcndpxqj/ad057f95/

There is one for backs and one for forwards. This also means that a player can play more than one position in a season. I turned round Holland from a losing side in eu.2 to a eu.2 championship by turning my best back into a flanker.

Tactics are still done manual, just like any other manager in the world because of the way the international sides is working from this season on.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Hopmans' bid for NT Empty Re: Hopmans' bid for NT

Post by beardface Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:26 am

Does anybody know the extent of Corbs injury? I do hope this is not an ongoing thing for him, hes bar far the best we have at loosehead.
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by Tedage Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:34 am

It's deeply upsetting beard. I hear he might not be able to bend down to feed his cats any more.

Tedage

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:43 am

Lancaster has said 2 weeks minimum recovery time, and that he may yet be able to play some/all games.

So we can perhaps hope to have him for the NZ game.

EDIT - cheers Wave for the screenshot!
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:18 am

Just read again the update on S20 features. I'm assuming changes to the soft caps will not transpire until after training has been effected in England.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:26 am

I've asked Jeremy about that in the staff lounge, if I get an answer I'll publish it here and in Global.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:35 am

i've shifted training back to an area that isn't pushing on the cap. and cheers.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:57 am

Hopefully BDS will be pulled before he starts troubling too many 12s. Fortunately i have a 24000 line block of code that tells me when to pull a player.
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:02 pm

there has to be some scope that make that coding work a little more efficiently, else you'll end up with the IBM solution of adding more and more servers, and more powerful servers too.

they recently recommended one business I know buy so many it would have been a structural problem for the building.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:10 pm

I'm not sure it can be improved. I done written it myself.
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:23 pm

Although you can hear Virginia creaking under the stress as I fire her up
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:58 pm

valve operated computers are the future, pour on the coal

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down