Talent program if Hopmans is elected

Go down

Talent program if Hopmans is elected

Post by Hopmans on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:41 am

Managers with players in Wing's talent program, dubbed "conveyor belt" by some, don't have to be worried that that program is going to stop when i'm elected. And here is why.

I will continue to work with those managers by giving them all the information i got about there own players and where they rank among their rivals. I will share them my expertise in how to train them. Just like i did for the Dutch trainers with players just outside the NT when i was dutch NT.

The players in the talent program will be ranked for each position Each position will then be "cleaned" meaning that players certain to play in a different position won't damage lower players rank for that position.

I also look at age, when a player is ranked 6th age 29 he is less likely to get an invite than a player who rank 8th age 24.

Here is an example of how things would transpire:
Lets say we got 5 locks. 2 NT players certain of their start in the first 15. 2 trailing behind but still in the NT. the 5th outside of the NT but young enough to be eventually in it in the near future.

The manager of the 5th ranked player will be told the following: your player ranked 5th with these players in front of you, the main reason is (eg) technique and strength. His handling is currently better. i expect your player to overtake the player ranked for in about 22-24 weeks. But the player ranked 1 might be diminishing in CSR in a short time so a invitation might be sooner then that.. If not already done so i will make a training schedule adjustment advice. However when a player rank as high as 5th its unlikely i haven't given my advice on training already.

an other example: 4 locks in NT. 1 ranked 5th age 28. Your current player rank 6th. However the players who rank 1,2,3 and 5 are all 2 years younger than your player. You may surpass the player ranked in 4th but that leaves you still in 5th position. A call-up is unlikely because if he even had a spell in the NT it will be very brief. And i would rather focus on younger players who are more likely to play in the NT. Sorry.

a third example also actually occurred with the dutch NT.
After talking to a manager about the training schedule of his young player which he believed to be a flanker.
Your player is currently ranked 11th on 6 and 12th on 7. Rather than to train him as a flanker you're better of training him as a 1 where he currently ranks 7th. With 2 props likely to be dropped from the NT after the next WC. he will probably get a call-up the WC after that if you can continue training. I suggest to change his handling to a second strength slot.

I have the tools in place to do this for up to a 100 players. So rather than doing this for just the shortlist (about 45 players) as previously promised. I would do this for the longlist.

As you can see not all of these messages is going to be good news.For the players. Some might need to shift position. But even for mangers which players will never reach the NT these messages are important. Because you don't waste slots on a player you believe that is good enough when in reality they will never make it.. It's part of the fairness and openness policy that would begin if i'm elected.
Hopmans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Talent program if Hopmans is elected

Post by Basil on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:46 am

Thank you for this Hopman's - I see you and Wing as being equal in this regards

Basil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:58 am

i will make an other promise as well. I will publish a log of what players are being discussed at what time and with which manager. This way can all see which managers are involved in getting England better and see what work has been put into it.
Hopmans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:11 am

Now that's a useful idea.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:24 pm

i think i did that 3 or 4 seasons ago tang there is a age on here...
Wingnut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:24 pm

a page Smile
Wingnut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content