Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopmans' results with the Netherlands

+3
Wilz
beardface
Hopmans
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hopmans' results with the Netherlands Empty Hopmans' results with the Netherlands

Post by Hopmans Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:39 am

When i took over mid-term from Corrievdw nobody gave 2 cents for the chances of the netherlands to beat their opposition. But with a bit of bold moves compared with decent planning the dutch took home the gold in and played their first season in EU.1. And when you thought the dutch were happy with that... They even made the most points of all minnows ever before in the EU.1 No minnow has ever gotten so many points in EU.1 as the dutch in their first appearance. Not bad for a team that wasnt even tipped as a contender the previous year in EU.2.

Some of the matches i'm most proud of:
EU.1 match: Netherlands (TNT) - France (normal)
Given not a win. But still a massive mental victory for the dutch. The snails even needed more than 80 minutes to tie this one and were WC champions at the time. A slight energy edge to the French. And it was only days after the win against Italy.
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=7173&nat=1

EU.1 match: Netherlands (TNT) - Italy (Normal)
Opponont analysis showed we had a decent shot  at this. It proved to be a right call to go TNT and makes a massive win against a big nation. With this win we were the best performing minnow ever in the EU.1 Reasonable energy advantage to us prior to the match.
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=7170&nat=

EU.2 Match: Spain (TNT) - Netherlands (TNT)
I needed 2 points out of this to become Eu.2 champions. With a slightly energy depleted team i still beat Spain for the title. Spain saved up for this one.
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=7055&report=1&nat=1

EU.2 match: Netherlands (TNT) - Wales (TNT)
Heavily down on stars. Spend about 5 hours calculating every angle for this line-up and tactic. Its always great to win a hard-fought match you looked forward too. Beating a large nation on TNT with a minnow, what can be better?
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=7046&report=1&nat=1

EU.2 Match: Wales (normal) - Netherlands (WNWIM)
What can be better. How about beating Wales with down on intensity. First match of the subseason. Got the tactics right with first team on WNWIM against their seconds on normal. A call that worked out brilliantly. Still a huge surprise win.
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=7031&report=1&nat=1

These wins meant the dutch won their first eu.2 title. There were also the wins against romania and georgia, which i rate about equal to the dutch in CSR, .for a total of  8 wins and 2 losses in a hard-fought league. with 6 points difference.

Last edited by Hopmans on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Hopmans' results with the Netherlands Empty Re: Hopmans' results with the Netherlands

Post by Hopmans Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Just had a little talk on the BR clubrooms. I stated previously that i wouldn't run again if i don't reach 3rd with England. Because i feel that a 4th result or lower is unacceptable.

Wing has yet to answer this question. Either he doesnt know when at what level he has failed with England. Or he doesnt want the answer known. Only time will tell.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Hopmans' results with the Netherlands Empty Re: Hopmans' results with the Netherlands

Post by beardface Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:35 pm

maybe hes just tired of all your bullshit Hops, cant blame him
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:41 pm

At least i am here answering all kinds of questions including yours. There is no denying Wing has failed to reach a high position with England in both his WC's. And i just can't stop wondering why Wing for example doesnt also implemented the "good book", why he also don't have a skill-based list of 100 players to see how training will develop. Why has Wing been so stubborn to acknowledge we had a chat on the chatbox about the fact that i offer my services to him.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 pm

You didnt answer my questions in your thread, neither did Ouzothing , you just threw a load of Shimmy at other people. I think its been said before that at the end of this election youve started to say the right things, things that are interesting to people involved in the nat set up here, things that if youd bothered to find out first youd realise are already being discussed and have been for some time. If you'd started out like that you'd be looking much better now, but youre still sniping at wing.
The fact that wings not answering your questions does not disqualify him as the england nat manager, you avoided every difficult question you had and just put it down to wing supporters rather than what those people really were, which were your detractors.

You should concentrate on what you are doing and what you can bring to England, thats what sensible people are interested in.
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:55 pm

you can tell a lot about me, but not that i avoid anything. I stand for a new open and transparant policy and a NT who is there for the managers. Who works with the managers, not above them.

If Wing wants what best for the English setup then we can work together. But he states he would be insane if he offered me a role as assistant. That isnt very cooperative. now is it?

But if there are any questions you want answered perhaps now is the time to ask them. I will be happy to help you with an answer.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:59 pm

There you go again ,lies and psuedo -political eye wash , followed by a wing bashing.

Get a grip of yourself.

beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:03 pm

ok, if you dont have any questions.. I thought you said you had questions...
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:04 pm

theyre still in your thread, unanswered
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:11 pm

restate them here. then you can have your answer right away. Let's call it Hopmans' Speedy service :-D
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:13 pm

too late i'm afraid, i wish you luck but my vote is cast. I felt that you were avoiding the pertinent questions so decided you didnt really have answers to them.
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:16 pm

My questions are also unanswered. And you say wing doesn't have a skills based list of players. How would you know? Wing knows about all the players that have been involved in England U20 squads since the s14 U20 world cup and has followed them, their training and kept in touch with their managers ever since. Have you?
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:20 pm

i dont say wing hasnt got a skillset-based list of players. I just say that list isnt 100 players long.If i understood Wing correctly Wing has a shadowteam of about 30 alongside his NT of 30.

I can't remeber a question of you? Can you restate that question? I would like to answer it.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by gazla Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:26 pm

I also have unanswered questions, and this is the main reason my vote went elsewhere.

Having had a member in the shadow squad you are right with the number but this would be the equivalent of your short list. I am aware that he has scouted out a much larger number of players than the 30 in the shadow squad, these are just the best of the best targeting replacements for the current shirt holders.
gazla
gazla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:29 pm

ha what funny, several unanswered questions but nobody willing to restate them. Never mind though.

My short list isn's 45 anymore. Its 100 players. With the ones who are too old for the NT stripped away. So i will guide 100 in or into the NT if I'm elected.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by gazla Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:59 pm

IF you want to waste your time answering a question that isn't going to sway a vote feel free.

You have made a big thing about your tactical prowess, given the massive change to tactics and the changes people are experiencing (originally posted before bug fix but i feel there is still a difference post bug fix), how does this change this claim, can you accurately target a single weakness as you have done in the past now that styles of play can be so massively changed across the pitch and how do you intend to change your scouting methods to take the styles of play into account? Given these changes can anyone claim to be tactically superior when we know very little about the new system?

You made a big thing about your attention to detail but missed questions, seems counter intuitive to me.

You may call me a wingalite or what ever it was you said because you don't like my answer/post, but i went into the election with an open mind. Yes i am involved with scouting, u20 and NT setups, but i have worked through a number of NT managers (on and off from season 10 as required) and u20 managers (started season 7 and ongoing). I was put off your campaign initially due to the mud slinging you did, note for the future look at how to conduct yourself in an Eng election, a quick look back at old speeches will show you criticizing the current setup will never go down well, yes saying how you would do things better is fine but in an appropriate manner. (Again it could be argued an attention to detail part of the campaign missed). I will openly admit you drew me back in a little when you stopped picking on the setup and told us what you would do. The switch back to the old style campaign in the last couple of days disappoints me, i thought you had figured it out.
gazla
gazla

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:15 pm

You think its funny that everybody has unanswered questions? I can assure you all the people that have asked you questions and never got an answer dont find it very amusing.
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by gazla Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Beard, that is a little harsh, he has answered most questions hasn't he? All i was initially letting Hopmans know was why he didn't have my vote.

He then seemed to imply I was making it up, so felt i had to re-post. Didn't like having to do it, but have noted that the speedy reply service others were offered doesn't seem to extend to me!
gazla
gazla

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Nope, none of them, at least none of mine. Just accused me of trying to rubbish his campaign in support of wing. Its why I dont believe he has any answers, just lots of words.
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by gazla Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Look, we have both been around a while, and as discussed before probably played RL rugby against each other, please take this as it is intended.

Take an ice bath and chill. You did attack his campaign early doors and maybe that is why your questions were not answered. You may judge it from your side that he avoided questions, but he may have thought they were just rantings of an aggressive backrower trying to ruin his campaign. Surely you can see if from his side?
gazla
gazla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:49 pm

With regards to beardface:
I've looked through every 208 messages on my election page and havent found even a single unanswered question. Even though your support for Wing is commendable. I dont think your lies will suite his cause. I didnt find any unanswered questions but i wouldnt like to withhold, the impartial manager watching this, some of these gems from my election page:

strutt84 to beardface
Do you know what is funny im still not decided on the election but I am leaning towards hopmans. Simply because of you. If I was wing id like you to go lose a bit of testosterone somewhere else cause your doing sweet FA for his campaign.

Quindecagon to all:
There you going Beard, you and your ilk are in a coterie to ensure the re-election of Wing without you knowing it, and doing a miserable job of what you're ignorant of to boot.

So if you dont mind beardface i will spend my time answering polite and honest people from now on.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Strutt, youd be interested what he thinks, Quind is a friend of mine whos taking the mickey, again highlighting how little you know about England.
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:03 pm

If nobody else got any more questions then i think i'll get some shut eye. Good night everybody!
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:42 pm

And with regards to my unanswered question, it isn't my job to ask it again here and the answer will make no difference. I also have cast my vote and it won't be changed at this stage. And if you were trying to infer I'm a liar, you're wrong!
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:51 pm

I looked through the election page and found questions that were answered directly or through the posts called "the good book" or "Talent program" I think these were sufficient answers to your questions. If there are any more questions feel free to ask.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next