Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aging squad

3 posters

Go down

Aging squad Empty Aging squad

Post by lanky Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 pm

So, I've been playing this game for a long time now and as such my original players are coming to the end of their careers. I haven't been oblivious to this and have been trying to plan ahead to replace these aging players. Unfortunately, my U20 training commitment means I train 1 player every 2 seasons. It doesn't take a maths genius to work out this is unsustainable and I have to change my training plans or eventually I'll have around 9 good players and 6 rubbish players which won't be good enough to stay in div II.

Is there anyone out there that has the same problem and can suggest a way of being able to carry on training U20 players as well as replace aging players consistently? I'm already at the stage where there are players in my first XV that shouldn't be there because they're too old.

lanky

Back to top Go down

Aging squad Empty Re: Aging squad

Post by Flu444 Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:36 am

Cash is the only way mate, you have to buy in players to replace or you have to stop training U20's. 3 seasons of training give 12 good players after 12 seaons. i reckon its the only way to build a team to get to div 1 now unless you save cash for the next 20 seasons

Flu444

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:14 am

My plan is to sell trainees at 28 years old, then use the cash from that to buy a new 21 year old (3x 28 = 1x 21 I'd hope). Then I'll have 4 21 year olds, who'll sell at 28, etc etc.

Don't know if you have time to set anything like that up now, I'm going to try and get the ball rolling in div 3.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum