The Question of Hopmans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Question of Hopmans

Post by Tedage on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:42 am

I like this community, I've spent many a happy day whiling away the hours here talking rubbish with people and trying to understand rugby and BR better. However, I don't like the disagreements that happen. I don't like arguing in the chatbox and I know I've been guilty of it often recently. I wholeheartedly apologise for my behaviour of late but this is why I felt it was entirely necessary.

Hopmans is an issue and always has been from day 1. The disrespect he showed towards England in general and wing specifically in his NT election campaign was ridiculous. More recently, in his U20 campaign against widget, he directly contradicted the documents on acceptable posts within an election thread by attacking widget. He is incredibly fake, untrustworthy, and condescending. Here is a short list of some of the things which he has done since being here:

1) Posted screenshots of the offsite, and chat specifically, on to the BR clubrooms in an attempt to destabilise the offsite and users of this site. [this could potentially give away personal information, training data, or misrepresent users here]

2) Repeatedly submitted abuse tickets against members of this offsite on BR itself during his failed NT election campaign [Multiple attempt to get an offsite member reprimanded on BR for something which happened here].

3) Personally messaged Jeremy, BR's owner, during his first chatbox ban period to complain about the offsite [nothing to do with Jeremy as this is an offsite, regulated by the users, also disturbing an extremely busy game owner for a trivial matter is not acceptable in itself!].

4) "Spam messaged" at least one admin to complain about his ban during his second and third ban periods.

5) Messaged users who were not admins on the offsite during his second and third ban to complain about this site [users will remain nameless but they have contacted me personally to tell me].

Do we honestly want people like this on the offsite?

I implore you, admins and community alike, to stand with me against this kind of behaviour. Hopmans, in my opinion, should be banned from the site as a whole after his continued attempts to report and undermine English managers. At the very least he should be banned from the chatbox and have his access reduced to that of a regular foreign manager [having an affiliate here does not make you an English manager, it makes you an overseas trainer at most and he is far from capable of training talent for us yet]*.

Don't turn a blind eye to this. It is not acceptable for people to behave this way and that is why I have been so very angry when I see him back in the chatbox. I realise that I have made the chatbox an unpleasant place at times recently but it is because no-one else is standing up for what is acceptable. If Hopmans isn't banned or doesn't at least have his access reduced to a minimum then I don't think I even want to be around somewhere like this any more. This is not a him or me scenario, because if it came down to it I'd rather us both leave and the offsite would not be clouded with this issue any more. I'm doing this for the greater good, not personal gain.

It makes me incredibly sad that it has to come to this. It is difficult enough to tolerate behaviour like this on BR where we can do nothing about it but here we have the power to administer an appropriate response for inappropriate actions. The three ban periods alone should speak for themselves. The man is a parasite to the forum and something needs to be done but, more importantly, once it's done it needs to be stuck to. None of this banned, unbanned bollocks. Make a decision and stick to it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

*it should be noted that I welcome foreign managers to this site but only when they don't have access to sensitive training information.

Tedage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Question of Hopmans

Post by Hopmans on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:54 am

I welcome the new admin. As seen in this thread there is some animosity towards me. Luckily this is confined within only 2 or 3 individuals. I look happily forward to a new approach on this off-site. One in which personal motivations doesn't dictate bans and i suggest to Teddy to solve this the rugby way.

/me offers Ted Theodore logan a pint and suggests to move on.
Hopmans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:42 am

Only one way to sort this out and thats thumb war

Dazza79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Or whoever is first to find a topless picture of Blanka Vlasic instead

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:03 pm

hmm
Wingnut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trfc06 on Thu May 29, 2014 8:14 am

barnserson wrote:Or whoever is first to find a topless picture of Blanka Vlasic instead

looking at her mate, I reckon she looks the same with or without a top on. So thumb war it is then!!

trfc06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 on Thu May 29, 2014 9:17 am

1, 2, 3, 4

I declare a thumb war!!!

Dazza79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut on Thu May 29, 2014 5:57 pm

i declare elephant cherry pig......

ask for more details
Wingnut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Thu May 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Is that a standard night out at your local ice rink, if one can get past the elephant and pig you can find a cherry?

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans on Thu May 29, 2014 10:04 pm

cherry pig elephant 
Hopmans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 on Fri May 30, 2014 12:12 pm

It does sound like a game to play on a stag do

Dazza79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mattjair on Fri May 30, 2014 3:18 pm

wing wrote:i declare elephant cherry pig......

ask for more details

Could we have some more details?

mattjair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil on Fri May 30, 2014 4:29 pm

If I remember correctly, pig eats cherry which chokes elephant which tramples on pig

Think rock paper scissors for the forum

Basil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Fri May 30, 2014 4:31 pm

rock, paper, scissors

Wing is known for always playing the pig, with a rare call to show the elephant. It's likely this still shows more variety than his tactics in BR. This is of course true, I tell no lies.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mattjair on Sat May 31, 2014 12:49 pm

elephant 

mattjair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:38 pm

yes lads i love your banta Very Happy

basically i was the CPE champion when we created it its fun ... catch me online for a game sometime
Wingnut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Widget on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Ha claiming to be the champion.

Widget

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:46 am

You can keep you status as CPE Champion, as I'm fairly sure I'm still the undefeated most popular person ever award holder, partly as such polls/elections have been forgotten about long since, and partly such just makes sense.

quind
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top