Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars & Youth Academy

Go down

Stars & Youth Academy Empty Stars & Youth Academy

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:05 pm

I know there are quite a few threads about the YA but I'm just trying to pull together some of the info:

1) With the star system am I right in thinking that when I pull a player it is his replacement's qualities that are based (to some extent) on the stars and that the player I pull is a zero star (unless they were a replacement themselves)?

2) Looking at a long term strategy I'd rather build my core through the YA, is it worth me investing in the YA now to build it up or would the expense associated with L2 or L3 YA be more than a new team could handle now and I'd go bankrupt before I got any benefit?

3) is there an impact from when in the season you pull a player? For instance, the general consensus from what I've read is using 20-30 stars when pulling a player, is it worth me doing that when I accumulate that many stars or is there a benefit to pulling them early in the season (added training before aging etc...) and so I should build them up and use them next season or the season after?

As always, thanks in advance for any advice.

Back to top Go down

Stars & Youth Academy Empty Re: Stars & Youth Academy

Post by quind Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:47 am

Starting out standard practice is to recommend seniors training or youth academy training, but specifically not both due to cost. Given how the game is currently structured, and this may of course change, I'd say going the YA route is better for the club, but comes with the big proviso of it'll take 2-3 seasons to start seeing much return and thus is perhaps somewhat boring. It's possibly actually a faster route to develop a club than seniors training, but there'll be less happening and it'll feel slower

When you scout/promote players makes little difference save for U20 purposes, and that can be quite happily ignored for the time being. When you scout/promote a player the stars go onto the new player scouted into the YA, which you then need to wait at least a season for until they turn 17 to promote into the seniors.

The real advantage in the YA is training players on the cheap until just before the age of 20, and being able to play them every week on LTNT (like there's no tomorrow) to maximise their experience gains. If you do want to go the YA route I'd suggest not scouting anyone until you've at least a lvl 2 training setup in place, but that's not wholly a bad thing as you can start to build some scouting stars. Coaches in the YA come with long contracts to to get to lvl 3 takes some time, or there's an option to buy out contracts, buying out comes with costs and thus isn't something to rush into - patience is very much rewarded.

Just one other on the YA, it really has to be a lvl 3 YA, moving quickly towards a lvl 3 YA (so no to keeping just a lvl 2 YA for three+ seasons) or nothing. A level 1 and level 2 YA are only to be seen as stepping stones to a level 3, and nothing you should want for themselves.

If you do go the YA route then once the level 2 YA is in place and you've begun the build for lvl 3 then scouting players on 20-30 stars is a great place to start. By the time they turn 20 you'll be getting some excellent players into your seniors, and as you hopefully will not have spent much on seniors training or on the TM you'll even be able to afford their wages.

There's plenty more to be said, but I don't want to keep droning on (others may strongly disagree). Perhaps if you've any specific concerns/questions on what's been said so far that can be responded to.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Sounds like very sage advice, thanks for the detailed supply. I know it would probably be more fun short term to concentrate on the seniors but want I be more patient and aim longer term and I think it could be new fun seeing my own products be successful. Hopefully it will be heaped as well as I doubt I could afford bigger wages now.

I had started building a L2 senior training facility, should I shelve that then given the cost implications or is it still with building now in preparation?

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:00 pm

If you're going to go the YA route you can either not open the Lvl 2 senior facility once completed, just leave it in limbo as it were, or you can scrap it altogether. If you leave the lvl 2 facility unopened you'll have to pay the $5k/week facilities cost for the lvl 1 facility, if you scrap the lvl 2 you can scrap the lvl 1 too, and pay nothing a week for senior training facilities.

it costs $50k to build a lvl 2 facility, and that has a resale value of $30k. to to sell and rebuild gives you a net cost of $20k and given you're not likely to return to seniors training inside four weeks, really not inside 14 weeks, I'd say sell the lvl 2 facility and scrap the lvl 1 too.

just before doing anything where are you with regards to coaches/trainers at senior level?

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:24 pm

I've just got L1 coach and trainers for the seniors.

For YA staff is there any point upgrading the coach and manager yet or is it better to wait until there are starred players in the academy to benefit from it?

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:36 am

I'd upgrade the YA coach and facilities to at least lvl 2 before I started using stars to scout players, that's a minimum, and I'd recommend not starting to scout player until nearly ready to actually open the lvl 3 YA (and that's open/hire not commence build/advertise). The manager you can progress more or less as and when you want to increase the spend, please note whilst I was (and remain) insistent a YA should be run at level 3 that's really a comment directed at facilities and coaching, you can manage with just a lvl 2 scout (though it gets annoying after a while), and you can certainly make do without the lvl 3 manager - indeed my guess is anyone who does have a lvl 3 manager will in time reason it's nice, but with a bit of patience and some planning a lvl 2 manager is adequate to give a fully revealed Youth Academy.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:21 pm

Thanks for all the advice. Do you know what the weekly costs are for level 3? I know I read it somewhere but can't find the page or thread now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Ignore that, found the page, 12,500 per week for L3 staff and £20,000 per week for the L3 facility

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down