Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finances?!

4 posters

Go down

Finances?! Empty Finances?!

Post by luggy3 Wed May 21, 2014 6:51 am

Trying to figure this out. Just promoted to Div 4, my second season coming up. I have 170, 000 in the bank. How do people stay up in Div 4 without bankrupting themselves! To be competitive/stay up I need to spend about 200 000 per week on salaries. I only have the standard 5k stadium so don't make that much on home games. Im worried I am going to end up down the pan!

Per week -
Income
130 000 sponsorship
65000 on a home game

Expenses
200 000 salaries
25 000 wages
10 000 maintenance

Lose 40 000 on a home game. Lose 105 000 on away week!?  = oh crap

luggy3

Back to top Go down

Finances?! Empty Re: Finances?!

Post by Hopmans Wed May 21, 2014 7:04 am

if you  sell out build a bigger stadium! Its the best way for  long term income because the size of your stadium is linked to your member base you need to maintain is as high as possible.

And given the amount you lose you need to do it fast. In order to stay afloat i think you might need to sell some players.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs1 Wed May 21, 2014 7:54 am

Those numbers mean you're in serious trouble unfortunately. You cannot afford to sustain your squad. You need to get rid of some squad members (preferably sell them). You then need to expand your stadium, I would suggest waiting until next week to see how many members you can gain each week, and then build accordingly, likely you won't have enough money anyway. So first step really is sell sell sell.

Raggs1

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed May 21, 2014 6:58 pm

It is recoverable as you can get into quite a lot of debt, but selling players might well be the order of the day. One of those taking two step backs before taking three steps forward, which is a pain but it happens.

Early doors in the new season there's going to be a small fillip from the cup but don't rely on that too much. And one other if it does appear you're going to relegate (hopefully it doesn't come to that) I'd hold off on the stadium expansion until you're about 3-4 rounds from promoting back up from Div V

People survive by having more members and more sponsors, and that'll come, and also as most of us have done the exact same thing of buying too many players and then gotten our fingers burnt but hopefully don't over extend too much again (though to be honest I've taken a few steps back more than once)

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by luggy3 Wed May 21, 2014 7:20 pm

Thanks guys, Im taking that all on board, some guys I have contracts are open so can get rid of those and look for $1 and low salary guys on the Tm and some of the academy to lower bills, can get rid of some staff as well. Once the new guys contracts are up will look to offload them to. Yep I can now see this is a patience game.....

luggy3

Back to top Go down

Post by luggy3 Thu May 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Seem to have sorted it out, now predicted to only end season -100k or so. Lesson learnt! Start again from not much and build slowly!

luggy3

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Thu May 22, 2014 4:05 pm

wd lugster, its a long game and performance today is not worth much if you cant perform tomorrow. So better take the hard seasons early on.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum