Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wing is a numpty....

+5
Flu444
BrockVH
Wingnut
Basil
Raggs1
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wing is a numpty.... Empty Wing is a numpty....

Post by Raggs1 Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:34 am

Wing, during your coup, you accidentally forgot to give Flu access to anything! Give the poor guy something at least, he's running around naked out there.

Raggs1

Back to top Go down

Wing is a numpty.... Empty Re: Wing is a numpty....

Post by Basil Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:22 am

Someone take my eyes out - I don't want to see him naked  Shocked 

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:40 am

Sorry I was on my phone it's hard lol
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by BrockVH Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:43 am

wing wrote:Sorry I was on my phone it's hard lol
What are you looking at on your phone to cause that?  Wink 

BrockVH

Back to top Go down

Post by Flu444 Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:21 am

i feel naked now, does anyone else want to feel me naked?

Flu444

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:53 am

I can understand why bans may take place. And I don't know if there have been warnings to any individuals about behaviour leading up to this latest, but simply on the face of it I don't approve of the banning of Hops now.

Had Hops sent a number of in game messages or attracted just a little more support he'd possibly now be the England manager, as is he got 15 votes from some in the community, I might not have voted for him but clearly some did. And yet with a mandate of a 4 vote win and seemingly no notice a ban was enacted, and too an unspecified change to the admin(s). It's a very small margin of victory to start acting in such fashion.

I more than happily recognise where I tend to post away I decided I didn't want to listen to Hopmans and put a ban in place, though I did tell him that before he found his way there i didn't want to listen to his thoughts. But I'm only posting away to the amusement of myself, and I'm not trying to build any community, here dictatorial actions I'd think should be avoided.

As before I don't know if discussions did take place prior to the ban, and I also know there have been issues dating back a few seasons. But this action could've taken place much earlier, and could have been discussed prior to it happening now. I don't recall either anything in an election speech about taking action on the offsite which an admin might view as being in the best interest of the community. So whilst people might think this particular outcome/banning has merit I don't like the standard it sets for an offsite community.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:02 pm

There was no need to mention it
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:03 pm

It sets the standard most people wanted
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Piquant, having witnessed the conversation that he and another had on Saturday night I give my full backing to this banning. If you would like the details then drop me a pm.

Flozilla

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:00 pm

The individual in question had been a part of the community, and indeed secured 15 votes so absent of cheating 14 from other members of the community, and wasn't that far off getting full access to the site as NT manager. And yet we go from there to a banning by an admin who Vs previous elections (and congrats again) limped home.

Put another way, hard cases make for bad laws. And in this instance I think absent of communication, and there is a little old vacuum around this, the banning as a sole decision reflects poorly on the community and is a bad application of site law (not that the laws are overtly published). Perhaps this was a hard case given they'd been allowed to carry on here so long, but given it is a community I'm simply voicing this I think could've been handled better, and given it mayn't perhaps be the last problem user some thought should go into what's expected of users of the site, and the admins/mods

I know Flo I've banned this user myself, but again in that instance I'm not even close to trying to build a community, if people want to come and say hello that's fine but I'll not worry if they don't and it's just me talking to me. So over there I'll give little time or thought to what anyone but me wants, whereas this is the England community, and an offsite that in theory welcomes those from all nations within the game and I think perhaps needs to act a little differently.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:52 pm

I know where you are coming from Piquant but as you say this is the England community and he was damaging it by his actions. People were leaving the community as a result of him.

He must surely have been given a number of warnings on here, and I couldn't have been more explicit in his election thread that he was discouraging people from coming here. However, he chose to go on in the same way.

I don't think the Admins need to give a reason for banning someone - in my online cricket club we don't have to give a reason. We give plenty of warnings but we will (and have) ban people without justifying it.

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm sure he was discouraging people, he also got support from 15% or so of those who voted. And in the end that I might like a given outcome doesn't change whether a good process was followed. I suppose in saying this it's not clear what mandate the admin should have, whether such mandate goes with an election win (nor which election campaign that may pertain to)

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike-wizz Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Might not be my place to say anything however, I think a reason should be given unless the reason is clear to all or is not able to be discussed due to other ties. I think I was here on Saturday also and possibly saw the same conversation.....

mike-wizz

Back to top Go down

Post by hikky999 Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Lets all be perfectly honest...

Reasons:
1. Poisonous snake
2. Patronising bugger
3. Talked crap
4. Thought he was god
5. Liar

The only reason people voted for him is because his whole election campaign was a pack of lies about how good he is. If you read his interview with himself (what a sodding joke) you'd see he was clearly not cut out for the job. People also hated him.

He also broke rules by SS'ing the main page and posting it online. Ironic.

Glad he's gone.

hikky999

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:01 pm

What he did was no different to what Judd supposedly did. I would come on here sometimes and read back archived chat and he's giving newer managers on here advice and then asking them to vote for him. He might not be using the BR messages to do it and it's therefore legal, but it's not really within the spirit of the law. It's much happier already I feel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:04 pm

What Judd did was made a mistake that did no harm to anyone, reporting him and trying to get him banned from ever running a national side is malicious and beggars belief.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:22 pm

well he should have been banned as soon as he joined our offsite nobody did it , it took me to eventually do it i didnt expect everyone to love me nor am i here to win a popularity contest.

he ruined our community and damaged it for long periods after that it was about time and long overdue he got banned.

there is no mandate here i am not hiding behind a false name (apart from wing ofcourse) but i have some lads on facebook here and named myslef in elections

there are no hidden rules just dont be a twat it took me 20 seasons to want to ban someone for life its not like i just threw a ban out willy nilly

Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Wing, that's all well and good and well said and what not, but to get this thread back on track - you're a numpty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:05 pm

To what extent old bean?
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by hikky999 Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Every extent.

24 carrot gold numpty

hikky999

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:28 pm

I'm your numpty?
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by hikky999 Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:31 pm

Why would I want a numpty?

hikky999

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:35 pm

As in the phrase he is a twat but he is our twat.

Used amongst friends whereby they can take the piss but if outsiders do there is hell on?
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Spot on Wing-a-ling, you're our numpty

Back to top Go down

Post by Flu444 Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:39 am

But not a twat, twats are useful.....!

Flu444

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next