Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topics for the journalist team

+3
Basil
luggy3
eddbutt
7 posters

Go down

Topics for the journalist team Empty Topics for the journalist team

Post by eddbutt Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi everyone

Whether I win or lose the election for journalist, I'd still like to be apart of the set up.  I said I'd poll the BR community for topics to write about, so put your views fowards!

What do you want to read about?

eddbutt

Back to top Go down

Topics for the journalist team Empty Re: Topics for the journalist team

Post by luggy3 Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:59 am

The life and times of Hopman.... Only been here a short time and he's been helpful to me but seems to have annoyed others. I'd like to see the story behind it Cool

luggy3

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:17 pm

I would be interested in knowing how he has helped you luggy

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by luggy3 Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:25 pm

He's answered pretty much every one of my questions instantly and helped me out tactically when I didn't have a clue :-) He was always around in chat box to ask.

I don't know the story behind it but the election thread on BR was getting quite heated to say the least so just wondered the facts before I made my vote etc.

On the outside it seems that there is a lot of shots being fired at him thats all and perhaps you guys need to be aware of that with newbies entering here on the offsite and on BR. I can read enough to see he has alternative ideas that don't quite sit well with everyone but I hope thats not the reason for the disliking of him. I also seen enough to know that you guys are great and helpful to and theres always 2 sides to a story :-)

luggy3

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:22 pm

I don't know anyone who has taken against Hops simply for alternative ideas. Where he has had some issues is in stating some rather more nonsensical ideas, and also in spending far too long to be able to state the downright bleedin' obvious, and he's then gotten somewhat upset and aggressive with quite a few posters when neither of those have much impressed.

If he'd just had some odd ideas that might be one thing, but when he's failed to impress people he's gotten a little carried away and rather aggressively trolled quite a few posters. Having done that he's then on repeat basis run for an English NT position and also cried foul when many of the community he went out of his way to offend weren't all that happy with him. There were perhaps times when some of the retorts fed back to Hops went OTT, but even that doesn't for me excuse all his actions, not by a long shot.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by luggy3 Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:57 am

Perhaps I was getting the wrong end of the stick but it does look like he's taking quite a battering. I can see that he won't answer difficult questions which isn't helping him at all as well. From the outside it seems like a lot of cloak and dagger stuff thats all and you guys standing up for your friend. Best of luck Eddbutt you have my vote. I would like to see more interviews with managers/newbs to see how they are getting on, whats their strategy perhaps etc.

luggy3

Back to top Go down

Post by eddbutt Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Well I won the election so am now free to write about anything I want!

What do you want to read about? As some suggestions:
National Team
U20 Team
Tactics
Interviews with managers
Interviews with developers
Interviews with players?!
The Cup
Results from other games
Youth Academies
How to build a good player

Please state if any of the above appeal to you or state anything I've missed

eddbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:44 pm

Hard to say what it'll take but to build this place up a little would be good, and perhaps make it easier for both the NT and U20 manager too. Wing and Widg have both been rather polite in the main but it can't have been less work with so many people off not caring about this place. It's likely many of those who've gone aren't coming back or at least not much, but hopefully there's scope to bring fresh blood in from older managers who never much came here or from the new players signed up and playing the game.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs1 Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:32 am

Definitely building this place back up, even with the constant survellience it undergoes (Hi Hops).

As to why Hops is disliked, Jading/Quind/Piquant/Quindecagon/HeOfAThousandNames has it covered fairly well.

I think most telling is the fact that people that started off defending him, and questioning why the English managers disliked him so much, have also begun to turn on him. Best example are probably the foreign managers that have little to nothing to do with England. Basil actually defended Hops quite a lot in the early days too, but as you can tell in the current election, that's changed.

Probably one of the biggest things that people most disliked was the fact he was coming onto offsites (not just england) and taking screenshots of the chatboxes, using it to then show how mean people were about him etc. He's also done this in places deliberately created to avoid him, where he's been told he's not welcome, not part of BR at all (though it's BR managers, so it gets discussed), and tried to stir trouble amongst other managers by PMing the screenshots. People are allowed to say bad things about other people, doubly so if it should be in private, I'm quite sure that folks here have had bad words to say about each other many times.

This chatbox used to be used (and sometimes still is) to talk about peoples real lives. From real life rugby, to love, exams, careers, children, family, deaths/sickness etc etc, a group of friends that went beyond BR, certainly beyond BR England. To know there was someone watching, potentially recording almost everything written and posting transcripts up from the chatbox to stir shit up felt like a very deep invasion of privacy. The fact he still logs in (hell, he's probably the most regular visitor now) and checks the chatbox, whilst deliberately hiding his online status, doesn't make me feel any better about it.

So a lot of it is standing up for friends, but on the purely BR side of thing, Hops 10's of thousands of lines of code basically tells him what anyone else tends to do just by checking energy, form and skills and watching their side. He never loses against a side with lower csr (when csr is known to be a poor measure anyway), and when he does he was testing new ideas. He hasn't actually shown any ability to win at the top level, and his time with the Netherlands u20s/NT was pre-zonal tactics anyway, and from the few posts from the Netherlands managers I've seen, they weren't too upset to let him go, and he failed to get them training, and I'd guess he got off to a much better start there than he did here.

He's alienated, for whatever reason, a very large chunk of active u20/NT trainers, and even though England has a lot of managers, it's not easy to run level 5s and train a youth and play them due to the unique challenges of such a large population and deep league system. As an u20/nt manager you need people training just as much as you need to have good tactical ability, and if he's pissed off even just 50% of the regular trainers, England would be in trouble if they decided they didn't want to help him out.

I suspect this speech will be used against me, but there we go, I'd rather it was said.

Raggs1

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:58 am

Raggs wrote:Jading/Quind/Piquant/Quindecagon

They mostly made sense, Roob and Picnic however were numpties of the highest order.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:19 am

5 star numpties
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:19 am

Rain or shine

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Would love to see a post on:
How to create rounded players in the YA - IGT and training

stomalomalus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: