Stadium Calculator

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stadium Calculator

Post by stomalomalus on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:43 pm

Is there a stadium calculator since the changes a couple of seasons back? Trying to work out what to do at the end of this season, as I'm just working on a 900 seat increase despite not filling the uncovered (thought it best to leave that one as is instead of decreasing, as I will only want to increase it again soon).

Thanks

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stadium Calculator

Post by quind on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:05 am

There are stadium calculators in some of the threads, to search type Stadium into the search box towards the top right. If your privileges need to be updated perhaps a kind Mod could attend to such (Wing should be along in the not too distant future, if he can tear himself away from Whitby Ice Rink)

Whatever the calculator says about standing ignore and leave your standing alone, and I wouldn't be in a rush to expand uncovered even if you were selling out. Uncovered takes a profit when attended of either $4 or $5, and makes a loss if not filled, so it can take an age to claw back the capital spend. But sensible increases to covered, members and corporate areas can be well worth checking what your stadium size should be.

One further note was your comment that you've some bots in your league, if you play the bots at home in the 2nd half of the season rather than human teams you perhaps don't need to be in a rush to expand right now. What are your attendances like Vs bots in the league?

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:31 am

Attendances vs bots are 100% in all areas bar uncovered (which I expanded too much last time). In a month, the upgrade of 900 seats will be complete, giving me more in covered, members and corporate. Then we'll see.

Thanks

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:26 am

Hello stoma what's your club name?
Wingnut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:45 am

It's The Mighty Magyars, wing. Smile

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ngater on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Got you in the cup next week in that case!

ngater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:35 am

ngater wrote:Got you in the cup next week in that case!

Don't fancy letting me through, at all? Wink

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ngater on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Ha Ha, I was going to ask the same Laughing

Good luck on Wednesday

ngater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:04 pm

You too, although I reckon I'll need more luck Wink More than 100k CSR I'm giving away. My best player is about equal to your best reserve and my 7 is injured.

Could really do with some cash, though, as I'm trying to build up to your level in the next 3 seasons. Hopefully I'll get lucky with YA scouting at the start of next season, which would be a potential money pot the next season.

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Been looking at this again, trying to make the most of the next few seasons money wise...

So, my problem is with BR Manager.

According to that, my stadium should be making a maximum profit of 88720. However, last season, my last home game - against a bot - gave me a profit of 101,000.

What do I believe, therefore, when it comes to upgrading?

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Br Manager may well still have standing down as losing money, it used to lose circa $4 per spot and now makes a small profit. In any event if expanding don't add anything to standing.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:08 am

Jading wrote:Br Manager may well still have standing down as losing money, it used to lose circa $4 per spot and now makes a small profit.  In any event if expanding don't add anything to standing.

Yeah, my plan is to only add seats to the covered sections and above now. BR Manager suggests adding A LOT to covered, but I did that previously with uncovered and now every other part of my ground fills up every game, except uncovered...

So, of course, I'm loathe to go down that route again.

I'm currently:

I'll be upgraded to:

On Oct. 21st.

After that, I think I'll upgrade about 2/3rds of the way through next season, looking to boost to around the 14,500 mark. After looking at things, I believe I should have around 1,800 members by then. Was thinking something like:

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:31 am

200 Corporate is a lot, I have that on a stadium of 19k with 2,400 members. It'll sell out in the league Vs most (but not all) human Div 3 teams, it doesn't sell out Vs bot teams in the cup.

I like the big increase in corporate, but that is perhaps a big big increase.

quind
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:50 am

Jading wrote:200 Corporate is a lot, I have that on a stadium of 19k with 2,400 members. It'll sell out in the league Vs most (but not all) human Div 3 teams, it doesn't sell out Vs bot teams in the cup.

I like the big increase in corporate, but that is perhaps a big big increase.

It probably is a bit big, yes, but I was hoping it would be something I could fill out for the big matches in the next 4 years, before promotion.

It's all part of my cunning plan (that and I can't undo what I've already done).

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:42 pm

It gets you around a future expansion of corporate, but even though there's an expansion cost each time of $25k it's still better to not have big empty areas in a stadium.

quind
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:19 pm

Well, as I finished up on, I can't undo it, can I?

If I could, I probably would, but it's gone, so oh well, I'll have to live with it.

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:32 pm

What's done is indeed done. Not much of a glitch in proceedings as these things go, might be a thread in that actually, a 'what's the biggest screw up you've made'

quind
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:35 pm

Jading wrote:What's done is indeed done. Not much of a glitch in proceedings as these things go, might be a thread in that actually, a 'what's the biggest screw up you've made'

Oh, easily my first few seasons.

Start YA, leave it Lvl2, realise I'm losing money, ditch YA, realise there's no way I'm going to catch up with the better players unless I have a YA, start up YA again.

Lost quite a bit down the drain there. Plus, my current back up lock. He's terrible.

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top