Much Ado About Intensity

Go down

Much Ado About Intensity

Post by EddieBono on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Hey guys, I've been playing BR for some time now, managing Whampoa Rangers in V.223. This is going to be my first full season in charge. Just a quick update: I've overhauled my squad with some reasonable talent (all my first 15 are 10,000 CSR+, which I consider really good for my league). And incredibly, I've managed to do so without really blowing a hole in my pocket. I've got about $180,000+ in my bank account after everything, and hopefully it'll keep growing. Really, I couldn't have done it without the wisdom imparted on this forum. That and maybe a bit of luck makes me believe that I may have a shot of winning the league this year. Which brings us to...

How to use Intensity to maximum effect?

I read on some other forums that the way to do this is to WNWIM all the matches against bots and teams you can't beat, while playing Normal or LTNT against similar teams you need to beat down. I've also heard that WNWIM provides in-game training for your players, although it has sometimes been disputed. What I'm mostly worried about, though, is the effect the Intensity level has on member's contentment, and player energy levels.

I won my last match 31-7 with LTNT against a team I consider of a similar or lower standard than mine. After the game, I recorded unprecedented levels of member growth (ie 4 more than previously). My Member's Contentment also went up from Buoyant to Charmed.

After the game though, my players energy levels went down the drain. As of now, with another league game coming up soon, some of the players are only Energised. I don't have enough squad depth to do a rotation policy (only 22 players), so I'm seriously doubting if I can keep LTNTing all my games.

I usually wouldn't have a problem if WNWIM is the way to go but I'm worried that playing this way would lead to a reduction in member growth. Is playing Normal the compromise?

Also, would playing each league game on high intensity but without booking any friendlies during the week ensure that your players remain fresh for the next weekend? I'm not really a fan of friendlies, I always get stuffed in them anyway and any players I want trained are on individual training already.

What's the best way to proceed without compromising results, member's contentment and player energy levels? Seems like an impossible job to me!

EddieBono

View user profile http://whampoarangers.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Much Ado About Intensity

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Looking at your league, I would say that this is what you should do against other teams:

Destroyers 66 - Normal
Sedbergh Spurs - With Next Week In Mind
Swaffham Spurs - With Next Week In Mind
Cannock Bobcats - With Next Week In Mind
Tamworth Wild - With Next Week In Mind
Montasa Hawks - Normal
Hyde Nuggets - With Next Week In Mind

All you really need to do at this stage is get promoted to Div IV and then fight tooth and nail to stay there.

Your members contentment will most likely hit 100 if you win the league and get promoted so be patient, your players energy will stay at good levels if you play WNWIM against the Bots because you can't lose against Bots. Overall, you should easily win this league - it's the next one that's hard!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:23 pm

You'd have to try extremely hard to lose against a bot even with a WNWIM, and intensity used does not impact contentment, they took it out because people were just LTNTing with 2nds when they wanted to lose, contentment rises and falls with ranking points increase, so wins against bots will give you very small increases and wins against similar strength teams gets you a lot. Contentment also always steadily increases/decreases daily towards the middle.

By winning your last game against your closest rival you gained the most contentment and ranking increase, that's why your member growth has increased, keep winning and it should stay at that amount, although there is a range, and you can be lucky or unlucky and get at the high end/low end of it so don't worry if there's a small fluctuation every week.

I'm in a rush atm but I'll take a look at your league when I get back tonight and see who you should LTNT/WNWIM. Just looking at tomorrow though, with your squad definitely WNWIM that bot, also, look about buying at least 1 more player to cover for injuries. I have 24 in my squad to cover for 2(the max you can have at one time).

Jonny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Jonny wrote:I have 24 in my squad to cover for 2(the max you can have at one time).

I'm fairly sure it's 3 Razz
Wilz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieBono on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:22 am

Thanks everyone for clearing this up for me Very Happy

By the way, is it true that Thursday friendlies don't tire your players out?

EddieBono

View user profile http://whampoarangers.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmsy on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:55 am

Thursday friendlies have no affect on anything at all Smile
Harmsy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:37 am

Is it 3 wilz? For some reason I've always thought it was 2, I know I've never had more than 2 though so I think if it is 3 it must be very rare.

Jonny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:41 pm

I think it is rare, but I am fairly sure it's 3.
Wilz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:59 pm

It's 3 Smile.
Raggs
Admin

View user profile http://brengland.forumotion.me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content