Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

access allowed for foreign representative managers

+7
Wingnut
amz
spudola1
quind
Hopmans
hikky999
Dazza79
11 posters

Go down

access allowed for foreign representative managers Empty access allowed for foreign representative managers

Post by Dazza79 Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:11 pm

To me our options are rather limited to complete barring from the rep team forums and the training threads or we give them limited access so if they have threads started by their self they can still post on those and third option is we leave it be

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

access allowed for foreign representative managers Empty Re: access allowed for foreign representative managers

Post by hikky999 Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:22 pm

I think our hands are tied with this. A full barring from training and U20/NT threads for anybody with in game affiliation with other nations.

hikky999

Back to top Go down

access allowed for foreign representative managers Empty Re: access allowed for foreign representative managers

Post by Dazza79 Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:23 pm

That would mean no access for quind and wing

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:31 pm

I think you will have to see what those managers could mean to england in the future. Wing Quind and me all have English players in training and will not use this information to harm the english U20 or NT. A newcomer with a team in england and running a U20 might be more dangerous.

Also you would have to see what specific use this information is to for instance The netherlands. The dutch U20 is a shield nation (lost the shield final) and is focussing solely on the NT. I seriously doubt the dutch U20 would be anything close to a rival to England. Secondly I even doubt if whether the information that a center is 14 handling and 12 agility or the other way around is something a u20 manager would find helpful information. it's not like the tactics can allow me to only target the agility of a specific player if that is weak.

Meanwhile i have 3 players in training for the England U20 and would like to post their progress as training will now be in full swing.

I'm happy with either community decision. But I would like to remind people that this measure hasn't been taken in the past when English manager held a minnow nation under their wing. And it hasnt been proven necessary in those events either.
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:34 pm

Likely a few more too. But it's worth considering, as is how should the various clubroom threads be structured.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by spudola1 Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:47 pm

Dazza79 wrote:That would mean no access for quind and wing

And me!

I think many of us on here who are also involved in NT & u20 sides in other nations are involved with countries with no direct rivalry with England. As Hops says, the Dutch u20 side will not be competing with England much in all likelihood. Likewise, with my and Ivory Coast - obviously as an EE Country regular seasons are not affected, however I have been drawn in England's group for the past 2 senior World Cups, although each time it was irrelevant anyway as I was always going to go WNWIM with our B team in that fixture to save energy for our assault on the Bowl.

Ideally, I guess there should be a review of the members of this offsite at this time every season to see which members hold rep positions with other nations. Then a mod or community based decision can be made with regards each member's forum access. Mind you, I would imagine this may take a bit of time so I'm unsure of it's practicalities.

I like to be able to show the community any youth pulls I have as per the current s30 thread though (plus 2 of my affiliate players have been linked in that thread also), Maybe only allowing access to the u20 thread for a foregin NT manager and only allowing access to the NT thread for a foreign u20 manager would achieve a compromise of sorts?

I don't know what the best solution is, however since the rise of affiliates, more and more managers will have teams in various communities and this will naturally lead to some of them gaining rep roles in those other nations where there are less people prepared to take this roles on that there are in large communities such as England.

Therefore a mass ban on everyone involved with other countries would possibly only serve to decrease numbers on here which may have a slightly negative impact on the English community. Also, I don't recall ever seeing any particularly sensitive information anyway so not sure if much could or would ever be used in a deceitful manner.
spudola1
spudola1

Back to top Go down

Post by hikky999 Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:24 am

I changed my stance after Hopmans post (never thought i'd say that... (ever))

hikky999

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopmans Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:59 am

Dear diary. Day #1487. They are starting to accept me as one of their own...
Hopmans
Hopmans

Back to top Go down

Post by amz Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:06 am

Not the right age tough

amz

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:14 am

Additional to those holding foreign rep status what of those that have an affiliate in England, but are perhaps Irish or South African, and indeed what of those who have clubs in England but are themselves not English?

And just on those holding rep positions (including assistants roles) we'd also need for there to be an ongoing review in place. There's little advantage in doing a one time review, we'd capture people we'd soon not require to be excluded and fail to capture those we'd soon wish to put some blocks on owing to the transitory nature of the rep roles.

We don't tend to hold tactical discussion in public anyway, not even in the U20 or NT sections of this site. We could perhaps say no one should post up details of u20 or NT players, but by and large such details aren't hugely surprising, and more importantly lots of managers enjoy noting progression of their players for others to admire and engaging in a little competition to see who can add the most pops and/or CSR

This of course only covers some usages of the BREngland site. And there are other reasons I'd happily see the ban hammer used.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Widget Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Ban them all!

Widget

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:45 pm

The voice of reason

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:50 pm

who would of thought that would be said about widget

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Well he is the clever one of the WI group

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Widget Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:03 pm

Traitors, all of them!

Widget

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:28 pm

Smile
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:50 am

Can we ban them from the internet too? Razz

Jonny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:30 am

Unless they have links to amazing sites then yes ban them

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:30 am

Interesting idea I see Wink How about if I say my England side is my main side. After all it is ranked higher than my Georgian side. Let me into your Nat/U20 zones I am after all your friendly neighborhood English Journalist Wink
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:41 am

Sneaky

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:02 pm

Widget wrote:Ban them all!

1 down...
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:14 pm

how many more to go?

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by Widget Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:15 pm

Raggs wrote: 1 down...

+1

Widget

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down