Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Under Eddie Jones

+12
mike-wizz
Dazza79
JamesTheShmoop
Wingnut
michaelbolton
Raggs
Brad
lokomo777
moocows911
spudola1
amz
Raggs1
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

England Under Eddie Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: England Under Eddie Jones

Post by stomalomalus Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Did you see his ineffectual flap on Yarde in the lead up to Clifford's try? That's no one off.

Sarries have a superb defensive structure that smothers teams. But if my life depended on it, I would never ever pick Goode as a last man defender

stomalomalus

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:42 pm

Safe to say I wouldn't put Goode in my EPS, and any observation of his form would have been wholly for the benefit of any Quins fans, on the off chance there are any around.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:16 pm

I can see Goode being second choice behind Brown anyway

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:36 pm

I've no problem if Goode is second choice behind Brown who in turn is behind Foden with all of them being outside the EPS, but perhaps ready to get a call up in case of injury. And that actually isn't being funny.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:15 pm

For use on or after Saturday as required;

England Under Eddie Jones - Page 3 Post10

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesTheShmoop Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:25 pm

A few shocks in there, Hask at 7?!

JamesTheShmoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:33 pm

Yeah that was a shock to me as well

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:33 pm

That and Farrell 12

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Farrell can't handle 12 in big games

I like James at 7
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesTheShmoop Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:08 am

Hopefully he will have learnt a lot from Smith when it comes to the breakdown. Farrell at 12 will be interesting, Devoto may come on fairly early if the game isn't going to plan.

JamesTheShmoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:55 pm

Well a hard fought win for Eddie in his first game in charge.

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:40 pm

That was rubbish, in fairness they didn't try to be better than rubbish so perhaps it was job done. Watching them live just left one feeling spending money on having an ice cubes parachuted into the Sahara desert one by one until it's well irrigated would be a better use of the money.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesTheShmoop Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:50 pm

I personally noticed a difference in defense, in attack its same old same old. He has only been there for a few weeks, I don't think we will see real improvements until this time next year.

JamesTheShmoop

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:03 pm

In defence they pushed up much more slowly, even Farrell managed not to run out of the line much. I suspect they're less happy blitzing with a front three of Ford, Farrell and JJ, and wanted to make sure Farrell was less likely to create a dog leg

So that changed since the WC, and the setpiece was more solid, but it was only Scotland.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by holy_monkey Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:16 am

I can't imagine Farrell up against Wales and Jamie Roberts (or any other team with big centres). If you want him in the squad, bite the bullet and pick him as flyhalf, otherwise go with Ford and Slade combo.

holy_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:46 pm

Bit harsh on Slade, he's back doing some running and it would seem is starting to kick a ball, but a broken ankle is a big thing to come back from 6-8 weeks ahead of schedule just to play Wales. At a guess one of Ford or Farrell will drop out, likely Ford, and we'll see Devoto or maybe even Tuilagi in at 12 at some point in the 6N

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:47 pm

I would rather see Farrell dropped for an out and out centre like Daly or devato

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by holy_monkey Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:35 pm

quind wrote:Bit harsh on Slade, he's back doing some running and it would seem is starting to kick a ball, but a broken ankle is a big thing to come back from 6-8 weeks ahead of schedule just to play Wales. At a guess one of Ford or Farrell will drop out, likely Ford, and we'll see Devoto or maybe even Tuilagi in at 12 at some point in the 6N
Yeah, that would be a good point... I was repeating my world cup rant obviously Wink

holy_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesTheShmoop Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:56 pm

Well, 40 - 9 isn't too bad. itoje was immense when he came on

JamesTheShmoop

Back to top Go down

Post by holy_monkey Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:29 am

Yeah Itoje was immense once he came on. I was thinking he'd be man of the match if he'd had a little longer. Even with 25 minutes it was a tempting decision. No idea how Youngs got MotM...

holy_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:48 am

Nor me, if anyone it would of been the Italian 13 or jj just for his tries. I want to see itoje from the start new game drop robshaw still not seeing anything from him.

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:11 pm

Itoje was a bit wobbly when he first come on, but very quickly got up to speed and was then one of the better players even. Got to admire a 21 year old who carries into a fully international lock and knocks the lock back in contact.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:23 am

Well I think that was better, but there's still an awful lot going wrong. And the scrum was shocking, from the players and officials both, far too many resets, far too much time wasting, far too much guessing; case in point was this scrum in which Marler ended up on his elbow (and in fairness Marler did keep trying to drag the the thing down) and was pinged by the TJ, but really is this a picture that should put one in a mind to ping Marler

England Under Eddie Jones - Page 3 Scrum10

Main annoyances with England is not looking to run good scrum ball when we have it, not having Youngs and Vunipola act together in sensible fashion which sees Youngs running at a correctly numbered defence going left off the scrum, Youngs horror passes, the discipline (which oddly was being cocked up from our 12), and our inability to finish what should  be chances that get finished off.  So, another case in point;

England Under Eddie Jones - Page 3 Whoops11

That's just a terrific situation for the attack, the 9 fairly easily holds the forwards, Heaslip and Toner, and they're slow to be coming around as Ireland have withstood quite a few phases and it's late on in the 1st half. As Ford gets the ball he has the first of the backs coming onto him with Sexton betting the bank on targeting Brown. That should leave England with JJ, Vunipola and Watson to attack the covering back, Kearney, and Heaslip coming across with a lot of space to work in.

England do get the ball out to JJ as we see;

England Under Eddie Jones - Page 3 Whoops12

But having not kept enough depth Sexton is able to apply enough pressure onto Brown that he knocks it on in getting the ball to JJ.  It's poor from England, we hear over and over there's no space in the modern game, but in that play there was plenty of space and an inability to use it even with a big advantage to attack over defence.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike-wizz Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:44 pm

I think marler actually did quite well and if thats the scrum i think it was then the irish player went to his knee first. there is not allot illegal about his bind it shows he went long and pulled it back in much like the irish player.

mike-wizz

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:09 pm

They'll both go up and down a little, but Ross has his feet far too far back, and the TJ or ref should be able to see that. Overall a very poor area of the game, and I shudder to think just how much of that match might have been resets of a restart that never resulted in the ball coming back into play.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next