Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which countries are most active?

+2
quind
mattjair
6 posters

Go down

Which countries are most active? Empty Which countries are most active?

Post by mattjair Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:29 am

Hey all,

Been thinking about another affiliate. Where are people enjoying running them at the moment? Anywhere recommended or fun?

Cheers

Matt

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Which countries are most active? Empty Re: Which countries are most active?

Post by quind Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:44 am

Depends what you have in mind. You could be after a competitive club scene, or a club scene where you'll rise as high up as possible as fast as possible. Or you might even be looking at the representative part of the game which gives U20s Vs NT, and producing players who'll get games more easily or contributing to a group looking to win the WC.

I'd also keep in mind whether watching games is important to you and/or seeing training updates at a more convenient time.

With no bias or ulterior motive I'd suggest Romania, there're a fair way into a couple of projects right now at NT and u20 level, but by the time your new affiliate was geared up you'd be ready to slot in on whatever the next round of u20/NT challenges brings.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by spudola1 Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:07 pm

Give Ivory Coast a whirl Matt Very Happy

There's lots of options tbh, plenty of well run small communities many of which have long term plans in place for their rep teams and subsequently their domestic leagues benefit as a result.

There are quite a few of us Brits with teams in Croatia right now, Belgium has a good vibe too but I'd like to see more teams join Ivory Coast which often tends to get overlooked when people are thinking of where to set up a new team.

I can't speak for too many nations but Ivory Coast's league matches are at the exact same time as the UK for 6 months of the year (they will be one hour later when the clocks change for the summer). Div 1 is pretty competitive as are the top of the various second tiers, yet you'd be able to build a solid Div 2 team reasonably fast.
In terms of the rep scene our NT is competitive enough, regularly challenging at the top of EE.2 / bottom of EE.1 since I have been involved and we have just reached the WC quarter final for the first time.
The u20s have a great plan in place which has seen a slow but consistent rise up the rankings and are currently ranked at an all time high of 4th in the World and have been challenging at the top of EE.1 for a few seasons now, only a very strong SA side pipping them to the title.

As Quin says though, there is a country out there to suit you whatever you want to get out of your new affiliate. Even as a brand new team, you'll soon be hitting Div 2 level and you could build your club up from there to move higher. In many smaller nations you will be able to get players involved with the u20s relatively quickly and you might find there are rep positions up for grabs quicker too if that interests you further down the line.
spudola1
spudola1

Back to top Go down

Post by eddbutt Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:35 pm

I wouldn't recommend Croatia for two reasons:
1. The lounges are dead every season.
2. I've trained players for the NT and U20, only for them to change their plans half way through a campaign and go totally against their original word.

eddbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:15 pm

I was training a Croatian u20 once when they decided to change tack in a manner which would have meant my player being dropped. I wouldn't have minded so much but I heard about it from another manager training for their team, they didn't even manage to inform me themselves. That said I think there's much more structure in the Croatian system now than when Project Croatia kicked off a few seasons back, and there's plenty of good managers in the Croat system.

The Croatian offsite always used to be pretty active, I assume it still is, so a dead lounge mayn't matter too much. Mind this offsite used to be the busiest around, not so much now.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by amz Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Romania maybe? Wink

amz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:38 pm

I chat to some of the guys from Brazil, good bunch there and if rep players is what you want should be easier than england

Dazza79

Back to top Go down

Post by mattjair Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:56 pm

Thanks for all the replies.  I've been producing U20's in the USA and been trying to build a club that could train to full internationals in England which has obviously taken a very long time to get set up - mostly I'm still trying to climb the divisions here but it's extremely tough (not helped by Rugga dominating my division and not getting out of it, obviously...Smile).  

Just looking to see what other options there are - I like a healthy club scene and a chance to try to contribute to the national team somehow along the way! Looks like Ivory Coast and Romania could be options then. Thank you.

mattjair

Back to top Go down

Post by spudola1 Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:57 pm

Romania already have a stronger NT than IC do, so we need the help more I reckon. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I think in either Country though you'll be able to rise to a decent standard quickly enough. For instance, a few managers of relatively new clubs in Ivory Coast have players in the current u20 squad which got to number 2 in the rankings after Friday's games (and was briefly up to number 1 for about 45 minutes yesterday).
spudola1
spudola1

Back to top Go down

Post by amz Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:09 pm

spudola1 wrote:Romania already have a stronger NT than IC do, so we need the help more I reckon. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Yeah but occasionally we build for Silverware , especially at U20 Razz Razz

amz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum