Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defence Strategy

2 posters

Go down

Defence Strategy Empty Defence Strategy

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:40 pm

What is the best defence strategy against a certain team Question

Back to top Go down

Defence Strategy Empty Re: Defence Strategy

Post by Wingnut Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:38 pm

"certain team" has many Connotations, if i knew your sqaud and all your opponents i could advise what defence type to use against all of them but its still down to your tactical preferance to a degree and changes in the weather and so on.

Instead i can give you the basic run down, Drift defence is a good strategy if you have a dominant lineout. rush defence works well to force teams to make mistakes and stops teams behind the gain line more often, it forces knockons which = scrums and pressure = penalties which = territory and points so consider how good your discipline is when using this defence type.

Man on man is great at stopping creative and driving plays but you can not afford to have a weak link when using this type.

with drift and rush you can technically afford a weaker link becouse they are a lower risk tactic as with drift if one man misses there is another drifting in so can make the tackle and then your worry is an offload but with man on man if someone misses his assignment you are in more trouble generally, rush means a weak link is not amplified to much becouse the opposition have to generally try more risky plays if you have a good team meaning defending is made easier , for example interceptions.

all defence types need good linespeed becouse dogleds will kill you. especially in drift and rush if one man is ahead or behind the line you are very vulnerable to creative plays or even a simple 2 on one situation via the dogleg.
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Kearns Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:12 pm

I tend to go with Rush but based on the lineout info I might try drift on occassion, especially now that they've changed it!

Also Wing, best of luck in the cup - I've got my 2nds out as I have come to terms with being knocked out in the 4th round, furthest I've got so far!
Mr Kearns
Mr Kearns

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:02 pm

ok mate cheers
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content