BR's most Capped International Player

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BR's most Capped International Player

Post by JamesTheShmoop on Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:45 pm

This is a difficult one as there are too many players to count. However what's the most International Caps, not U20, a single player has? Lets see who the Most Capped player of the BR World is?

JamesTheShmoop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BR's most Capped International Player

Post by Dazza79 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:49 pm

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=6263178

My highest at 114

Dazza79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesTheShmoop on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:53 pm

I'm currently bidding on a 198 capped player, can anyone beat that?

JamesTheShmoop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spudola1 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:56 am

Ivory Coast's Emose Melsom has 218 regular NT caps plus 27 NT World Cup caps, making him our highest appearance maker with 245 in total. (He also had 18 u20 caps).

He will probably have another season with the NT too so looks set to go well over 250.

I think there have been players from other nations who have gone to 300 caps plus though.

I might be wrong (probably am) but I would guess that whoever has the most ever international appearances might be a player from a smaller nation as they may be more likely to break into the side sooner than one of the big boys. For instance, I have called up plenty of 300k-ish CSR players for Ivory Coast as we have struggled for alternatives. England and some of the other big boys have the luxury of waiting until these players are 400k, 500k before they break into the squad. Obviously they will be older when they reach this stage so have a smaller window of opportunity to achieve so many caps.

Then again, some of the international players at the very start of the game might have been able to make more appearances, although I think there were fewer international games played then though so maybe not!

There is this thread in the BR global lounge from last season in which I suggested Melsom. Although he has less overal international caps than that Japanese player mentioned, he is above him in terms of just NT appearances.

There must be someone out there with more though?
spudola1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gazla on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Whilst not there yet i think my Croatian lot are in with a chance of breaking some cap records, 3x26yos likely to break 100 caps next season and a few 22yo's with somewhere between about 20 and 30 caps

But we need to make the world cup.
gazla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gazla on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:59 pm

Spud, in the back of my mind somewhere i get the thought a winger from Japan is the highest capped player. But not sure that is right, and got no name!
gazla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:47 am

Croatia should make the WC now the management will no longer follow a needless policy of mashing the TNT button, although this is the Croatian management team...

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gazla on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:18 pm

lol, was more needed until now to attempt to get a result.
gazla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gazla on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:19 pm

But the ranking point deficit we have, is a massive handicap. Had to completely change my approach to the EOST, so will now be throwing games rather than trying things out. The more i look at this the more problems i see with the current calendar and the ranking points proposal.

THe more i look at it the more i think it will make NT management just a constant drudge for the lower teams, EOST used to be fun to try and get a shock result .... no longer as to achieve that you need to lose to teams around you.
gazla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:21 pm

What might prove interesting is EE Vs EU, sides will perhaps be worried about losing points into a league that seems them unable to win them back.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gazla on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:11 pm

True, but i would still have liked some fixtures against sides of a similar strength that were not do or die matches. I would like to try the differences in tactics or between my tallest backrow and my lightest backrow (rather than balanced as i would do for a normal game) and my light centres and my heavy centres playing together without the impact of losing ranking points. Now it is all win at all costs - thats not very tactical really, and for example i will be throwing my game against USA as i can't lose ranking points if i lose and I need to save energy for games where i could lose points.

I think it will turn every nation into using a first and second team with those wanting to play safe play with firsts at home so they don't lose too many points and seconds away as if they pick anything up its a bonus. You could switch it the other way around as a high risk stratagy, but you risk your ranking plummeting if you lose at home. I think it reduces the need to actually manage and scout, it (oddly) makes an away win worth more in terms of getting to the WC rather than the points inthe system, it does mean (as i put in the post on BR) you could potentially win div 3 and not make the world cup. If you only win home games and only beat 2/4 sides closest to you away, it's very possible.

Luckily i crushed VC's Japan yesterday so that helps alot in terms of ranking, actually off the bottom for the first time in a season Smile
gazla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top