Mechanics!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mechanics!

Post by harrytc on Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:32 pm

1) When does the IGT bonus for LTNT stop? End of this season?

2) When does Energy refresh completely at the end of the season? After the last match of regular season, after the semis and finals, and specifically- most importantly for me - is it before the 5th/6th and possible-promoted play offs?

(Reasoning: I am _almost_ certain to be 6th in my league - do I need to manage Energy at the end of the season, or can I just burn it all and be OK at full energy for the playoffs?)

harrytc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mechanics!

Post by quind on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:53 am

The change to boosted exp gains for TNT is perhaps coming at the end of this season, but so far that's as per a GM only, Jeremy is yet to decide on what the change will be, and is yet to code it and then put it live. So it mayn't happen, or it may come in a slightly unexpected form.

Energy does refresh at the end of the season, but also for any team in a qualifier there'll be an additional energy reset in R16, after training but before the match. So you can take exp gains now and be at full energy come that last match. (and as this often comes up so might be of use to someone please note the additional energy refresh is only for qualifiers which take place in R16, and NOT for R15 play-offs)

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by harrytc on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Thank you!

Got one more...

I believe players get IGT for Monday friendlies - how _much_ IGT compared to a normal game? Or am I just wrong?

harrytc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:01 pm

Players do gain IGT in MNF so you're right, it's exp they don't gain from MNF

The IGT gain rate starts for any game at 100% or normal for any game, whatever the normal gain is, and for MNF it stays fixed at normal or 100%, whereas in cup and league games you're IGT gains may fall or rise between 50-150% depending on standard of opponent, or more particularly (I think) by unit average skill standard. What that last means (again I think) is the ME looks basically at the TDSP for each player in a unit and compares the two teams to give an IGT gain rate.

It's actually quite hard to track IGT as I think there's something of a random element for what skill or skills a player gets their IGT in for any given game. Again this is me supposing but I think there's a weighting bias to what players will get their IGT in, so every role seems to gain stm a fair amount though IGT, but for example a prop is more likely to gain str/tech than kicking/agi. And so given it's somewhat random (albeit with a bias to some skills, and again by position) you could pick up IGT on skills that are quite high or quite low, and then because CSR growth leans toward the exponential you can get some variable CSR returns depending on which skills you happen to get a decent amount of IGT

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by harrytc on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:13 pm

quind wrote:Players do gain IGT in MNF so you're right, it's exp they don't gain from MNF

Damn, I wish I'd realised how much IGT they got four years ago.

Ah, well. Never too late.

harrytc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:07 pm

If one adds it up, 16 MNF a season, over say 5 seasons, then it's a lot, and it's there for free to take.

quind
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza79 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:28 am

If you fancy any Monday games I am free till the end of the season. It will be my 2nds to give my youngsters game time.

Dazza79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:59 am

Worth noting it's especially beneficial to younger players, as the gains made will compound over a longer period

quind
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by harrytc on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:21 pm

Dazza79 wrote:If you fancy any Monday games I am free till the end of the season. It will be my 2nds to give my youngsters game time.

Thanks - got one for next Monday, but may well take you up on that.

harrytc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mattjair on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Makes for a difficult decision if you're in a competitive league... do you expend the energy for the experience, or not...

mattjair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:32 pm

I'd say it depends on the age profile of the XV you'll be selecting, if they're all 30+ and over 200k CSR you might be happier passing on MNF. If however you've a young squad then I think it'd be very odd not to want to play, if needs be sign a couple of players each season who're 35+ and good (for your level) but declining so cheap to play for the 6 weeks of their contracts and allow a bit more flex in selection and energy management, it's just a really big thing to miss out on.

quind
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by harrytc on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:47 pm

quind wrote:I'd say it depends on the age profile of the XV you'll be selecting, if they're all 30+ and over 200k CSR you might be happier passing on MNF. If however you've a young squad ...

What are the average ages of a young squad?

Mine's mode 20, mean 24, median 24...

First XV mode 30, mean 26, media 25

harrytc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:52 pm

I'd be, for respective averages, 24, just under 23 and 23, and I'd say I've a young squad. Avg. CSR at my squad is 195k CSR and without doubt it's worth it for me to play a MNF just about every week, I have bailed on a few R15 games if in the play-offs, but I've not always skipped even R15 games (though I will look to arrange Vs teams I'd be about to play so there's no advantage)

quind
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top