Youth Promotion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Youth Promotion

Post by stomalomalus on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Hey guys, so a quick question.

I have three "locks" to promote, none of whom are actually locks. So I would like to give it another go, and promote them again. Problem is, I had next season scheduled in as backs training, therefore 5 players would miss out on training key skills.

So I have two potential options.

1) I promote the three "locks", and then promote the 4 backs I originally meant to.
2) I keep the three "locks" until they're 18, then promote. Then they will only get backs training next season.

I had intended to sell 2 and keep one (a LHP) to train up. All three are potential u20s, although 2 are better than the other, imo.

I'm moving towards option 2, but would I still get good money for an 18 year old who has had back training for a season? Looking at it, one has 11 tech and one 11 strength already, so their key skills should be pretty good (12-13), while their secondary skills will be higher than otherwise.

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Youth Promotion

Post by Dazza79 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:54 pm

Option 2 if you are looking to sell. that is just my opinion not based on any facts or figures

Dazza79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:45 pm

You'd likely get poor money for a part trained 18 year old, unless they're a physical freak, and even then you'd perhaps get more at 17.

I'd perhaps keep them in the YA another season, and then you can try promoting 3 locks again and gain 3 new u20s eligible locks, at which point you might have a player worth a fortune

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stomalomalus on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:42 am

Just wondering if it's worth it for the player I want to keep and train (he will be a LHP). Am I willing to sacrifice a seasons worth of tech and strength for extra speed, agility, handling, attack, etc.?

stomalomalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddbutt on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:18 pm

In my experience there isn't much of a market for players that have just turned 18 and 19. People either want 17 year olds that will qualify for the U20s, or 20 year olds that can go straight into the first team (or make good back-ups).

I'd promote and sell, and replace them with zero star players for a season.

eddbutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top