What to do next?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What to do next?

Post by Jimlav on Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Hey Guys,

It seems 15 seasons away from the game can make you doubt what you are doing. My former team was in Div 1 before I stopped logging on.
I joined week 2 this season, unfortunately my team was knocked out of the cup in week 1 (could have done with a couple of weeks income form the cup!!). I can win the league I am in this season (currently 12 for 12, no real competition in my Div 4) and not go up, which is obviously a bonus as I can take the prize money and help grow my team before moving up the league.

I currently have the following:
-Stadium 6284 (standing 1000, uncovered 1950, covered 2257, member 956, corporate 121)
-Senior Facilities level 3 (Level 1 coach, Level 2 & 3 attack trainers, level 2 & 3 defence trainer, level 2 fitness trainer)
-Academy Facilities level 1 (level 1 coach, manager and scout)

I have advertised for the following:
Level 3 defence
level 2 academy coach
level 2 academy scout
level 2 academy facilities

After financial updates this week I will be advertising for a level 2 senior coach.

I have 1377 members as of week 12.

I have forecast that I will make around 23k this week before my game, so I believe I can still invest a little more into staff and still turn a profit before games.

In an ideal world I would upgrade:
-stadium to around 11k (never been a fan of upgrading standing, so i believe 11k is about right for the others)
-training facilities to level 4 all round
-youth to level 3 all round

Is there anything else that is glaringly obvious that I am missing, or do you have any advice as to what to do first. Obviously the stadium will help bring in more money, and therefore help my get the level 4 seniors and 3 juniors.

Jimlav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to do next?

Post by quind on Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:52 am

How new is the side? I ask as to run both seniors and junior training with a smallish stadium and member base will prove very limiting when it comes to player salaries, even if you keep the squad down to 22/33. The YA will pay off down the line, but you're looking 4-5 seasons ahead, if you mayn't have the patience for that then closing the YA or seniors training might be something you bite down on, I've had to do it myself, but then I lack patience.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimlav on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:26 am

I joined week 2 of this season.

As i mentioned, I will be able to win my league and stay in the same div, as my ranking points are very low. My weekly salaries at the moment for players is 198k. This will not rise by much next season as most of the players I am training are on the universal minimum wage as it stands, so any wage increase will also include the wage that they are below this amount now. I also have a single, older player, who has declined from 150k to 100k since i bought him mid season. I would expect his wage to drop a little as well, therefore the 20k I will receive from the extra minor sponsor will move than cover wage increases next season. In the event they don't, I can offload players and replace with cheaper players and still be competitive (top 2) in the league.

I expect a haul of nearly 1,000,000 from prize money this season (likely 1st in seniors and 2nd in juniors) of which I think the majority will be invested into getting my stadium up to a decent size (by my calculations I could sell 11,552 seats, based on 1000 of those being standing. The others being split 5279 uncovered, 4061 covered, 1075 members and 135 corporate). That is all based on my current members, but this is rising by between 45-70 each week.

As it stands I am more than financially viable, but my stadium is not working as efficiently as it can be doing.

I am willing to pay the fines for hiring staff early in the Y/A. With the seniors, I have 5 in training with good physicals, the rest are pretty worthless to me. These are all 17/18 and will be trained until they are 21. I won't be buying any new players in for the foreseeable, so am more than happy to wait 4 seasons to see some good players coming through the YA.

By my calculations, to get all my current senior staff & Facilities to level 4, plus all junior to level 3 (bar manager, happy to only have a level 2 manager) it would cost me an extra 65,750 a week. This week I am going to make 23,705 profit before a game, leaving me a deficit of 42,045 if I was at these levels today. Even with my current stadium I would make a profit on a fortnightly basis, ceteris paribus.

Does it seem like I am on the right track, if I can be patient enough? (I don't see how I can compete any other way than being patient, as long standing teams have such an advantage in infrastructure).

Jimlav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:48 am

It will work, but you will also find there'll come a pinch point where you can't improve your squad by dint of the cost of running training at senior and junior levels. There are no perfect solutions though.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum