Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When to promote ?

2 posters

Go down

When to promote ? Empty When to promote ?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Do academy players develop better if they're promoted at 17 rather than leaving them in the youth team ?

I have a 16 year old who's turning in decent performances (by my standard !) in the academy . Would I be better to promote him on his 17th birthday or let him gain more match experience in the youth team ?

I don't have any reveals on him yet but he's playing well at full back and just had a good game at centre.
Any help gratefully received !
Cheers
LF

Back to top Go down

When to promote ? Empty Re: When to promote ?

Post by Jonny Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Senior training > youth training, so you should promote him on his 17th birthday and put some senior training on him.

Jonny

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:40 am

Team training at YA level is superior to the seniors for the same level. That is lvl 2 team training in the YA is better than lvl 2 TT in the seniors, but lvl 3 in the seniors is going to be better than a lvl 1 or 2 in the YA. However you can't put players on individual training sessions in the YA, and doing this boosts training way beyond just team training in the YA.

So if you have some free individual sessions, or would free them up on promoting your youth once they turn 17 then certainly promote. If your TT is superior in the seniors then also likely promote. If your TT is equivalent in YA and seniors then you may wish to leave the lad in the YA and play TNT for the experience.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down