Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Train Prop or Second Row?

2 posters

Go down

Train Prop or Second Row? Empty Train Prop or Second Row?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:38 am

I've got two potential XV players coming up through my YA this season, I was going to focus training on my prop, as my front row is a bit light but as his skills are becoming clear, at most he can only have a total of 60 TSP, where as my Lock has 73 TSP. I only have space to train one of them as i already have two players on a training program which doesn't finish for at least 2/3 seasons.

Prop
Ike Kidner
Nationality -England/ Weight -135kg/ Height - 184cm/ Birthday Round 11, Day 2/ Stars 48

Right handed, right footed, in decent form Stable.
An aggressive player with collected discipline, decent leadership, and non-existent experience.

Stamina: Decent/ Handling: Low/ Attack: Average/ Defense: Admirable/
Technique: Satisfactory/ Strength: Reputable/ Jumping: Horrible/ Speed: Limited/
Agility: Moderate Kicking: Horrible

Lock
Kyle Cowen
Nationality England/ Weight 121kg/ Height 203cm/ Birthday Round 5, Day 1/ Stars 16

Right handed, right footed, in average form Stable.
A conservative player with reckless discipline, admirable leadership, and non-existent experience.

Stamina: Reputable/ Handling: Reputable/ Attack: Admirable/ Defense: Princely/
Technique: Limited/ Strength: Admirable/ Jumping: Satisfactory/ Speed: Average
Agility: Limited/ Kicking: Horrible

Let me know what you think

Back to top Go down

Train Prop or Second Row? Empty Re: Train Prop or Second Row?

Post by quind Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 am

Before looking at your players I'd say if you're cramped for space to train then more likely the prop as they can be trained useing fewer nets. However saying that lock is quite possibly the key player given the BR match engine.

Locks do require a lot of training with the requirement to stick 2 jumping nets on them in addition to everything else, arguably only kicking fullbacks and maybe 8s are harder to train. So if you have 9/10 nets available you won't ever regret training a lock. But if you've more like 5/6 nets going then the prop is who I'd train.

Looking at your actual players your lock would absolutely want 2 jumping nets, and whilst technique isn't as important as defence and strength for a lock he'll want 2x tech as well for a while, so he'll take a lot of nets for a long time, but is the far better player. As your lock also has quite low speed he wouldn't easily slot into the back row, and at 203cm you may end up wanting him in the back row in 7-8 seasons time.

Not perhaps a straight forward decision, but either way you should end up with a quality player. And I must say that's an amazing player for 16 stars, lucky blighter.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks, i'll take that on board, I have 10 nets free for the successful player and at the moment i am tipping more towards the Lock

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny2Hats Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:47 am

just a thought but the lock would make more on the TM.... though i don't really have any experience

Jonny2Hats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down