Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which to train?

5 posters

Go down

which  to train? Empty which to train?

Post by anything7pob Tue May 15, 2012 8:12 pm

deleted

Last edited by anything7pob on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

which  to train? Empty Re: which to train?

Post by anything7pob Wed May 16, 2012 1:11 am

Or sack them all off and get some English boys?
I`ve got facilities lvl 1 so not worth it is it?......
One english boy with 20 training sessions ftw pig
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Wed May 16, 2012 1:55 am

ahah I dont have much time but you can only put 10 sessions on a single player.
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed May 16, 2012 1:06 pm

I'd say train 2 of them on 10 sessions. Probably Nisot and Butler.

Butler to play FH, Nisot to play backrow.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Wed May 23, 2012 1:32 am

Cool guys, I am all set up:)
My account balance is still in the red but I am turning a profit now, should have money in the bank soon,
as soon as I do I think I am going to try to swap out my trainees for some English boys, Idealy I want a 206cm+ lock prospect and 120kg+ prop/hooker prospect don`t know if this is realistic.

I am willing to work with you guys though if there are positions we are lacking.
I will then skim down my team to maximise profit and facilitate training facility advancement.
I feel I allready have my league and y.league in the bag although I may need to watch the promotion tables.

If I had listened to Quindecagon when I first joined the game I would likely be in a brilliant position with my training facilities:(
Am I being realistic or will I need another season or 2 before I can help the England setup?

PS all my players are avaliable, I don`t think I have any that are worth anything but maybe you disagree.
another plan could be to train to sell, I imagine that if I train 2 of my guys and then sell sneakily just before they turn 18 I could turn a nice profit and then select my 2 new english trainees once I have promoted and upgraded?

Any help formulating a stratergy much appreiciated,
Thanks guys:))

Last edited by anything7pob on Wed May 23, 2012 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : layout)
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Wed May 23, 2012 1:34 am

England's u20s almost demand level 5s which is a fairways off perhaps train for a foreign country first and try it from there.
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Wed May 23, 2012 1:36 am

Ahh, thought this may be the case
thank you for the quick reply:)

My stratergy in that case may be train to sell to aid my facility advancement, any tips on this aspect of the game?
Or more luck in your youth pulls and transfer buys?

Last edited by anything7pob on Wed May 23, 2012 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Wed May 23, 2012 1:37 am

Just keep developing your team. and you'll get there
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Wed May 23, 2012 1:42 am

Cool, will do, I expect to be around for a while, loving this game ATM albino
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Wed May 23, 2012 1:45 am

Think I may need to sack Honor Tevening an Vlad Brugiere (see 1st post afro ) due to their wages. Is a shame they are nice players:(
Feel I can find comparable older players for less wages...

Last edited by anything7pob on Wed May 23, 2012 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Wed May 23, 2012 1:47 am

Dont sell them they are nice players and I think younger players cost less (dont me quote on that)
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Wed May 23, 2012 1:52 am

ok I will hold on to them for now, I should be turning profit anyway. I will secure cheaper replacement first if possible. Thanks for all of your help:)
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny Wed May 23, 2012 8:38 am

Older players cost less, but have the risk of starting to degrade from the age of 28-35, so it's a gamble having too many of them in your team, and it's not a sustainable strategy.

I would pick 4 17 year olds and train them on 1/4 of your available nets each for 2 seasons, 20 I think for level 1s? So 5 each. And after those 2 seasons, buy 4 more 17 year olds and start again, these players will form the bedrock of your team.

These players will never be great as you can't do much with level 1 trainers, but in a few seasons time you will understand the game much better, will probably have formulated your own long term strategy(definitely a good idea) and have better trainers in place to either train U20s or develop your team and start climbing the ranks!

Good luck, and enjoy, mail me with any questions you've got, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

Jonny

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed May 23, 2012 9:30 am

anything7pob wrote:Think I may need to sack Honor Tevening an Vlad Brugiere (see 1st post afro ) due to their wages. Is a shame they are nice players:(
Feel I can find comparable older players for less wages...

Don't sell them. You've bought both from much higher ranked teams, and as a consequence they've come with the minimum salaries of those clubs which right now are looking very high to you.

But, and there is a but, that won't stay the case. All salaries are recalculatd based on skills at the start of each new season. Even if you itensively train these players their salaries will likely go down for R1 next season as the same minimum salary won't be close to being enforced at your club.

By time you can sell them without buying out their contracts you'll only have a few weeks of pain to suffer this season.

So keep the players. But in future check the salary a player will transfer into your club with, an consider with x number of rounds left in a season if that's something you'd be happy paying for.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed May 23, 2012 9:36 am

anything7pob wrote:If I had listened to Quindecagon when I first joined the game I would likely be in a brilliant position with my training facilities

Hah. I wouldn't have listened to a me when I started. It's only looking back after making a few mistakes most of us have then listened to what others have to say.

There are the odd fortunate ones who are mentored from inception and have avoided some costly mistakes, but I ask you, are they having any fun?

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Wed May 23, 2012 9:39 am

exactly mistakes have made me a better manager and also allowed me to understand the game better. If you dont lose you wont learn.
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down