Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humps' question thread.

+11
anything7pob
Twinkletoes
Ultimatem
Wingnut
HowieLO6
Raggs
quind
Meeeeeeeat_
jeolmaga
Jonny2Hats
jimjam_w
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Humps' question thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Humps' question thread.

Post by anything7pob Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Crossing my fingers that I can get on the TM for some sort of speedy def. guy before thurs rolls around cyclops

I think we need to expand the emoticon library...jk,jk!

Thanks for the encouragement wing!!
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:32 pm

haha I do enjoy finding bargains on the TM. I'm sticking with this squad for a while now though only 1 player who was originally in my squad in the starting line up. Saving for improved facilities and waiting for all my trainees to hit 30k csr.

Back to top Go down

Post by anything7pob Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:13 pm

looking at the heat in the TM i think I will be sticking too...
anything7pob
anything7pob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Can anyone tell me how HGA is decided for the final? Top seeded team play at home or biggest win in semis?

Also, next season I'll hopefully be upgrading to level 2 facs and coaches. Is there a breakdown anywhere of the maintenance and salaries of the different levels of facs and coaches so I can calculate if the increase fits within my budget.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks folks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:05 pm

top seeded teams play at home.

The advertisement period for a level-2 trainer is 4 weeks and will cost your club $30,000. When a candidate is found, your club will be presented a contract to sign with an obligation to pay a wage of $3,750 per week.

The advertisement period for a level-2 coach is 4 weeks and will cost your club $50,000. When a candidate is found, your club will be presented a contract to sign with an obligation to pay a wage of $5,625 per week

The construction period for a level-2 training facility is 4 weeks and will cost your club $50,000. When construction is complete your club will own a training facility with a resale value of $30,000 and a maintenance cost of $10,000 per week.
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Perfect, thanks Wing.

Thinking out loud to make sure I am correct.

Current maintenance
2 att trainers £5,000
2 def trainers £5,000
1 coach £3,125
facilities £5,000
total £18,125

Level 2 maintenance
2 att trainers £7,500
2 def trainers £7,500
1 coach £5,625
facilities £10,000
total £30,625

That means to go from level 1 to level 2 will increase my maintenance by £13,400. My first minor sponsor should cover that depending on my salary increases at the end of this season and if I promote and attain a £110,000 major sponsor that will help.

Capital expenditure will be £220,000 to increase the above training staff and facilities to level 2. I'll fund this from my league winnings.

Not counting my scout, I will be leaving my youth academy alone for the forseeable future.

Edit: I've just become aware of another factor to take into account. Whether I will be stuck with level 2s for very long. Here's what I've just read in one of Quind's posts:

"Get the lvl 2 training as soon as you're able. Possibly don't hire more than one lvl 2 trainer for both attack and defence and if you're able just push on through to lvl 3 training asap. I'd still recommend having nothing in the YA other than a scout, once you've got lvl 3 training sorted then consider whether you want a YA training or lvl 4s as your priority"

I am probably going to fund level 3s by (hopefully) next seasons winnings which I presume won't be much if I do promote. I will probably advertise for 4 level 2 trainers if I promote this season as I'm unlikely to have the funding to push straight onto level 3s. However, if I don't promote I'm likely to win the league next season and I can push for levels 3s with only 2 level 2 trainers. Make sense?

Last edited by Humps on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Another option)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:35 pm

good plan
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Good news, I won the final 34-5. Not even close. Very Happy

Time to move up to Div IV and attempt to stay there. I presume I will have to accept there will be teams I cannot really defeat and it's best to pick my battles in order to get as many points as possible. Does anyone have any useful tips on how to judge these tricky questions?

I'll be upgrading to level 2s as soon as my level 1 staff have been employed long enough so I don't pay a premium for advertising.

Thanks for any help fellas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Find out who you can beat, target them first. Then work out who'll probably be going easy on you due to other fixtures, and target them too!
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Yeah. Having looked through the threads asking what people wish to achieve each season it appears there is a massive gulf between top Div IV and Div V with some teams containing players with 100k CSR. Maybe yo-yo-ing isn't too bad while I build up my training and team foundations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Kearns Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:42 pm

I was thinking the same thing as Humps. I'm a mid-table Div IV team at best and I'm really struggling to make money so that I can upgrade my facilities from lvl3.
I can't afford to sell my players and am slowly trying to increase my stadium to make more money on a weekly basis.

Has anyone deliberately been relegated to Div V so that they can win the league and get the prize money to develop? Maybe do that a few times and make a reasonable profit?

What are the cons to doing this?
Mr Kearns
Mr Kearns

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:27 pm

cons are 160k less sponsorship over the course of the season , less money from league games and less ranking points = lower contentment
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:40 pm

wing wrote:cons are 160k less sponsorship over the course of the season , less money from league games and less ranking points = lower contentment

But you'd regain the sponsorship and league game money by winning the league when you drop down to Div 5. Same with the ranking points and contentment lost as you go back up having relegated. I've done no calculations to back up this view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:45 pm

thats true humps short term loss long term gain sort of strategy to be honest
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Your contentment drops hugely when relegating, and can take some time to return. Certainly if you've expanded your stadium this can mean you play a lot of games where you don't sell out at home, and perhaps even if you haven't expanded.

Reduced earnings from home matches and reduced sponsorship can easily be the equivalent or more of prize money. Also you'll gain less IGT, and less members. And at some point down th line members start to get very important.

That's not to say don't do it. There are many ways to play the game, but it's not a plan without more than the odd risk.

Also bot bashing is dull thankless work.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Yeah, my main aim is to remain in Div IV but I can see positives to another stint down in Div V. My team is only 6/7 weeks old, the foundations are still being constructed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ihsaan Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:36 pm

I've just been relegated from Div IV quite emphatically so I'm really hoping I can gain some benefit from a season in Div V otherwise I'll be set back massively in my development!

ihsaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ifeicus Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:56 pm

I have just run over a few very quick calculations and the results surprised me. I worked it out that the winner of div5 this year would receive $308,000 more than someone finishing 7th or 8th in div4 before membership and gate receipts were considered.

I then looked at the difference between my first game of season 10 and my last of season 9. The difference in income was around $20,000. I have no idea if the stadium was the same size or not but if it was and we say that that is the average then I would have made $140,000 more from games over the season.

That would leave the winner of Div5 only $168,000 ahead.

I know that the figures are from 5 to 6 seasons ago and many things have changed since then. I would have looked at membership but I got an average of 0.5 members a week more in div4 then in div5. Being in div6 before that may have affected this or the whole set of new countries.

I hope that I have missed something here as I can not see away that promoting will pay off financially, and that is assuming you come last in the youth league in both cases.
Ifeicus
Ifeicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mega man al Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:05 am

Having been a Div IV side for the majority of my 11 seasons on here I couldn't see the point of purposely throwing 16 weeks and a season away to then spend a further 16 weeks and another season just bot bashing.

There are also no guarantees that you'll promote straight back either if you find yourself in a Div V league where 2 or 3 teams were trying to get that one spot to get up there.

There are more ways to make money whilst trying to survive in Div IV. Being smart on the Transfer Market is one, pulling YA players and sell them is another.

It may just be me but I find a relegation scrap just as good trying to pinch victories, if you look at my league jimjam_w's The Forest Woodmen managed to get 3rd place in a league with stronger teams and his best player only had a CSR of 44k. I think he'd agree that was more enjoyable than just blowing a season for 16 weeks.

But this game is different for everyone and to be played individually this is just my opinion on getting the most out of the game.
Mega man al
Mega man al

Back to top Go down

Post by Ifeicus Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:12 pm

I used to think being relegated would hold you back, it still might with regard to training, but it could be the right strategy for you and your team, Depends on your personal aims and goals.

I would agree that it is more fun to try and win a few games in a higher division than to walk a lower one, assuming you can walk a lower one. After doing all the calculations and coming to the conclusion that I would have more money staying in Dv4 instead of moving up to Div3, I still want to promote.

Yes you might make more money from relegating, but only if you can not make the play-offs and if you plan the season well it is possible to do that in your first season up.

Plus I think of my players as real people these days, the young one who thinks he’s better than anyone else and that he will go to the season 18 U20’s world cup. The promising young man working hard to keep his place in the current 20's squad, with the dream of playing in the U20's world cup final. The old stalwart that warms the bench and drinks tea while doing so and the bully that throws any new players kit into the showers, if they sit in his seat, and he also makes the youth team clean his boots. I could not tell these people to go out and get relegated for all the money in the world, could you?
Ifeicus
Ifeicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Have any of you ever paid penalties to upgrade facilities or advertise for new staff early? If so, what was your rationale for doing so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:59 pm

yeah in order to rush the process of training better players for club and country
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks wing. I think I will keep my money and just wait until I'm penalty free otherwise I'll waste 2-300k.

In other news, I've landed in IV.64 and I've definitely got 2 teams I can have a good go at beating. Looking at all the reporter's summaries for each teams last game and there is a huge gulf between us and the top teams. Fingers crossed I stay up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ifeicus Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:48 pm

I upgraded as soon as I could up to level three, but never paid to speed it up.

I had a quick look at your league, there is one good team in it with a chance of promoting and 2 goodish teams. I would say 2 are 1 click managers and 1 is poor. One looks around the same as you and the other just ahead.

If you plan it right you could make the play-offs. A good fighting chance there.
Ifeicus
Ifeicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:01 pm

The play offs is ambitious but I'm nothing if not optimistic. First game is against the top ranked team, everything of theirs is 6+ stars so I've gone high creative etc even with the rain. I'm expecting a beasting from them and then playing a div III guy first round in the cup so that's out. There are a few players to have a real go at so I'll reserve my energy for them.

Going to need plenty of Mon friendly wins to keep my ranking as high as possible.

On the plus side.....40 NEW MEMBERS THIS WEEK! Shocked top result!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next