Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humps' question thread.

+11
anything7pob
Twinkletoes
Ultimatem
Wingnut
HowieLO6
Raggs
quind
Meeeeeeeat_
jeolmaga
Jonny2Hats
jimjam_w
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Humps' question thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: Humps' question thread.

Post by Ifeicus Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:33 pm

Wow 40 new members, I was only getting 10 when I came up to div 4 Sad though I am still getting around 10 with max contentment.

I think you could make the play-offs, though the fixtures do not look good. If I am right about 2 people being 1 click managers you will have to play seven humans teams where the main comp for 4th will play 1 bot in the first half of the season. Streatham And Croydon will be a good contest and if you can beat Wiltshire Wizards you should be in the play-offs.

I would give it my all during the season and secure 4th at any cost, but I have been playing in the same league against the same people for years, so my scouting may well be out.

If you want a Thursday practise game to test some tactics just request one, here, I about the same level as your Saturday opponent.
Ifeicus
Ifeicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Ifeicus, feel free to drop me a invite to a friendly on Thursday and I'll gladly oblige. Apologies, I've just got home from work so I'm making tea before going to bed. Pre-season training is killing me atm.

0.5 seasons to promote, 1.5 seasons to make the playoffs at Div IV? Am I pushing my luck yet? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Ouch. I lost 110-0 in my cup game. He played at normal intensity, ass. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ifeicus Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:04 am

Well you have had a good first week I see, 71 points down against the best and you were a intensity down. Much better result than the two new teams in my league who LTNT the 2 best teams and both lost by 40 points.

Better strategy as well
Ifeicus
Ifeicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:07 am

Knowing when to strike is important, it's what I'm going to attempt in my Div 3 league. I'm going to constantly field an almost 1st xv (1 trainee isn't worthy of the spot, but can't give up such good igt). And then when someone puts out their 2nds, pounce.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Thankfully I've kept my members at euphoric because these teams aren't within 10 points of my ranking so I should still see high member growth. I'm Going to keep picking Monday friendlies that I should win to keep my ranking high.

Yeah, I'll be choosing my battles wisely to reserve as much energy as possible. The next 2 games are big ones. I should beat Beefeaters, Streatham will be a close game with me as underdog but not by too far. I'll watch their next match and decide if I think we're capable of defeating them.

I'll be fielding my first XV throughout I imagine as I don't have any half decent subs, most of them are players I started with. I'm still saving my winnings for training improvements when I can upgrade without financial penalties. I need to start checking my opposition's previous line ups to see if I can see which XV they are fielding.

Got a link to your team you can PM me Ifeicus? Hope your season is going to plan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ifeicus Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:52 pm

My season is going to plan so far, bot bashing in the cup last week and this week, won the first game 48-7, they played LTNT against my normal which was not friendly at all.

I have a friendly against Hitchin on Monday (I am interested to see how good they are).

I have just today opened my level 5 training facilities and hired 2 level 5 trainers, so I am interested if about the effects of them.

I hope I can go for the 16 league wins this seasons, Shockley I lost 3 games last season to teams I should have beat, and I have 1 or 2 managers willing to throw friendlies at the end of the season to boost my rankings so I am hoping for auto promotion.

Here is a link to my club for you
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.lobby.php?id=31096#page=summary&id=31096
Ifeicus
Ifeicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Wow, you've been building up to this for a while. Can you sustain level 5s in Div IV? I presume you nearly have max minor sponsors and plenty of members so that'll help.

Glad to hear it's going well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ifeicus Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:15 pm

I have 9 minor sponsors and around 1400 members, It is just about doable.

With 1 of each of the trainers at level 4 and 1 attack and 1 defence trainer at level 5 I will make ~10K over 2 weeks.

To get that I had to sell 3 players from my squad and fire 1 that no one wanted, to bring it back down to 24, had been creping up over the last season. I also fired my youth manager, it was nice having the reveals each weeks but
Mitchell "The Pasty" Cornish wants to play in the U20 World cup final, and I can not say no to the lad
Ifeicus
Ifeicus

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Tasty Pasty

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjam_w Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:49 pm

How do you get more than one minor sponsor...does it come with members or level of facilities?

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by ihsaan Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:53 pm

jimjam_w wrote:How do you get more than one minor sponsor...does it come with members or level of facilities?
Every season you get another minor sponsor (until you reach the limit of 10)

ihsaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:41 am

Won my last game 35-5 but should have WNWIM against his normal. Also got my #4 injured which is not good as a big competitor for 4th is next week. I have half a star more than him on driving (with my #4 mind you), he has half a star more on rucking and I have a full star on defence more so it's going to be a close game. I've hiked up driving (mainly away from PnG). Not a great deal else to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:35 am

Can managers affect a player's form? If so, how?

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:50 am

No, nothing to be done about form. It is what it is.

Actually if you're lucky enough to have options you might want to pick a player on better form, even if skills are lower. But many will feel they have little choice other than to pick a player with form that does nothing but annoy their manager.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:44 am

I lost more scrums, I lost more lineouts, less possession, less metres gained, more handling errors and won 10-7! Hurray for good tactics. My most important win yet, could help me seal a play off spot in Div IV.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=9161847

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjam_w Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:00 am

Fantastic Humps!

Really good effort and good luck getting into the playoffs!

What do you think made the difference? Were you playing to your strengths or his weaknesses? Was it a balance or did you go all out in one particular area?

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:54 pm

I stacked driving as that was the only area I knew I had a half star advantage. I used about 45% driving. That tactic coupled with half a star in defence and without doubt a little bit of luck led to the win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ifeicus Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Well I am already not looking crazy for recommending 4th for the season, I hope you keep it up.
Ifeicus
Ifeicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Ifeicus wrote:Well I am already not looking crazy for recommending 4th for the season, I hope you keep it up.

Indeed and I hope you are correct. The top 3 are untouchable with my current squad but 4th would be great.

Long way to go and with some of my main players at 65% I'm going to field the closest thing to a second string team (my squad is only 24) that I can against the top guys in the next few weeks.

Can't wait to upgrade my stadium, so far this season I'm averaging 34 new members each week. If this keeps up I'll sail past the 1000 mark before the end of the season Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjam_w Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Nice one Humps - you wnwim as many seconds as you can against the big guys - see if you can't conserve your energy for the 3rd-4th place playoff - and sneak third against a team that has spent all its energy trying to beat one of the top 2 teams - happened to me last season...hare and the tortoise!

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:59 am

Bert Hudson 53,300 CSR 191cm | 91kg | Australia

Right handed, right footed, in satisfactory form .
An aggressive player with collected discipline,

Stamina: Sumptuous
Handling: Sumptuous
Attack: Reputable
Defense: Princely
Technique: Decent
Strength: Satisfactory
Jumping: Moderate
Speed: Decent
Agility: Reputable
Kicking: Decent

This lad used to be one of my better players. He used to be a 10 for me, more recently a 9. Now I'm not sure what he is, if anything worth keeping. Any ideas?

TT is handling, defence, technique and speed

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4