[ 5 ]
25% 25% 
[ 5 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 20

Lions watch - fullbacks

Post by quind on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:17 am

And so we reach the final poll, for now. As truly the truly great thing about the Lions is the sheer number of times one can have this discussion, either on a web forum or even better in the pub.

And for the last poll we arrive at the fullback, the last line in defence, crucial in attack and possibly a kicking option too. As prior please vite for your preferred starrting player. Only a few options being given here, anyone who wants Mike Brown or Andy Goode, well I can't talk to that as what I think you should do if that's your belief shouldn't appear in print.

Also the team so far is, drumroll:

Jenkins
Hartley
Cole
Gray
POC
Lydiate
Warburton
Heaslip
Phillips
Priestland
North
Roberts
Tuilagi
Ashton

Jenkins was in a close race with Corbisiero, Lydiate got almost double the votes of Ferris which even as someone who voted for Lydiate surprises me, openside was by far the most pointless poll to put up, and Phillips was actually in a tie with Care. As I put up the poll I've had a chat with myself and awarded me the casting vote - hence Phillips is named. Actually I very nearly gave myself a casting vote for any poll that didn't agree with me.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lions watch - fullbacks

Post by Skandalous on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:07 am

Would be happy with any of the top 3. Went Halfpenny but could easily have picked Foden.

Skandalous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 am

The most attacking of the 4 has no votes. Realism wins out perhaps, but it's sad.

Hope you noted the team didn't have too much English bias Skand, likely just 4 players from a team that won a GS and then dropped to 2nd under Burt.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skandalous on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:09 am

I think its a pretty good team really, not quite what i would have picked but you cant all have the same(right) oppinion as me Razz

Skandalous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quind on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:24 pm

Which 3N team do you reckon would go best against that side. I think SA might have the best bet bringing a power/momentum game with their tight five.

NZ are the best team of course, but the Lions have lots of players there who are good at the ruck, same as NZ really.Hard to call that one, against SA it's whether you can live with the power and I think that Lions team could, but with say Lydiate and POC not Ferris and Evans the balance is better for playing NZ than SA.

quind
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top