Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the YA can deliver

3 posters

Go down

What the YA can deliver Empty What the YA can deliver

Post by quind Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:33 am

For a normal sort of player this is likely close to what you can get from YA training;

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12089242

Yes he could be higher in a few skills, but that would mean you'd need to be happy to train those other skills in the YA and also you'd need reveals to guide as to which skills should get TT. And really 95-100 TDSP on a 20 year old who'll rise further on TT and IGT is pretty good to build a squad at lower levels. Not clear what sort of sale value will be ascribed to such players if they're going to keep rolling out of the academies.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

What the YA can deliver Empty Re: What the YA can deliver

Post by jimjam_w Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:29 am

Wow - could be higher in a few skills - come on, 12's in most of the key skills can't be bad! Very Happy

What is the YA skill limit? 12's, 13's or 14's?

I'd say this seems at the high end of what can be achieved...seems that 35K is becoming a pretty regular turnout from the YA for those recruited on a reasonable (c.20) level of stars. And those 17-20 yrs old players between 25-35K CSR seem to be going pretty cheap, often less in $ than their CSR.

What level YA is this - Lvl 3 with Lvl 3 trainer?

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:10 am

I assume he's come from a lvl 3 training facility.

There is we're told no limit per se on YA training, rather there's a soft cap. But it does seem that given I've not seen a single YA player with a 13 skill or better, and further that players promoted from the YA take a while to train to 13 that the soft cap is rather limiting.

So train a skill rated at 12 in the YA if you wish, but understand that glacial progress may be overstaing the speed of training at that level.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:58 am

quind wrote:Not clear what sort of sale value will be ascribed to such players if they're going to keep rolling out of the academies.

Right now, i.e. around 6 hours until the auction is over, he's listed at $300k with Courage taking the bid to $200k

If that sort of value holds we'll see a lot of YA stay open that as of now I'm expecting to close.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:02 am

Another 19 year old about to turn 20, Just under 60K CSR with 95 TDSP -

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12100885

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjam_w Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:28 am

Looks to me like there is clear division between the 35K CSR bracket and those into the 50's. Seems those at the high end are keeping their value...

Like you say, I guess a whole load of YA's will stay open...right up until we get so many trainees at this level that the price drops!

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:40 am

Plenty coming out from the YA around the 35K CSR at just 17, the 50K CSR players don't tend to emerge from the YA until they're 19.

I'm stuck with a lvl 2 YA wishing both I had a lvl 1 and I could just close the thing without a worry, and also thinking i'd like to step up to lvl 3 YA training.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjam_w Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:10 am

Hahahaha....decisions, decisions!

I've got a lvl 2 too...but still building senior facilities to lvl 3s with my next lump of cash.

Good news for hanging onto trainees till they are 19 tho, as that is most likely what I'll do as I build up.

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:02 am

He's just (R11) turned 17, he's a smidge below 40K CSR and he's selling for just $24k. Auction finishes in 5 minutes or so

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12112035

There are problems with his defence, but that's a 40k CSR 17 years old for $24k

Stm 11
Hnd 10
Atk 11
Def 3
Tech 6
Str 5
Jum 3
Spd 12
Agi 10
Kic 9

Edit - he sold for $42K, basically a $1 for 1 CSR which is happening a fair bit

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:18 am

If someone can tell me why this player is SO much more I'd be grateful

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12101782

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjam_w Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:33 am

Truly mental isn't it?

I guess he has more rounded stats...but other than that....

Competition obviously helps...I think if people see a player being fought over, it makes them think they want him too...then throw in someone (or two) with a lot of cash....and a need for young players....and the prices go crazy.

You're right about the $1 per CSR point...I use that rule of thumb up to 35K or so, but it seems its holding true for higher and higher CSR players...

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:50 am

I bought a very similar player to the one going for bonkers money for the $1 dollar a CSR point - http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12052339

His kicking isn't quite as high, and his jumping is an issue for a 15, and he's a rebel. He's also not quite as high in CSR, though he is a few weeks younger. Whatever he's not $470,000 worse

If that's the money for kicking I might as well triple net that and stick him back on the market in another 8 weeks or so

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjam_w Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:19 am

Smile

I think kicking does come into it - I've seen a few comment that they don't 'waste money' on a kicking coach...so I think there are plenty of managers out there who 'value' someone having done the kicking training for them.

Get up his kicking and see if it makes you a packet!

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:22 am

He's on 2 kicking nets, if I don't see him start to perform as I want that will go to three and he will go back on the TM.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ngater Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Interesting thread quind, looking at how I can restock my squad in a couple of seasons.

Right now I've got L3 academy, have been saving stars for "mega" pulls. Considering a strategy of going for more 30 - 40 star pulls and team training over 3/4 seasons.

What is your view on how I approach TT, rotate skills or focus on 4?

ngater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum