division 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

division 3

Post by ianholdroyd18 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:35 pm

hi just woderng if someone could gve me some advice about what need 2 do (team is northamton saints in IV2)

i currently sit at thetop of my league IV2 and im by far the est team in my league(beating the 2nd best 41-7 today) im currently climbing the promotion tables and im on corse to automatic promotion come r17.
However i know that dvIII is alot harder than div IV and have read somewhere that you'll need at least an XV of about 80,000k csr each to stand a chance of staying there. However i only have 6 people of hi quaity who are all over 32 One of which is on the market at the moment. The obvious thing to do in my position would be to spend all avalible money on higher quality players however i am curently in about 200k of debt which is slowly being paid of (probally finnish paying t off in about R10ish)

just wonderng what i hould do as once hese oldies goill be les wt a fair few under30k csr youngsters

any help would be apreachiated

ianholdroyd18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: division 3

Post by ben_fluleck on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:15 pm

if you are looking for players go for the older players they are more experienced and cheaper. If you have dead wood you want to shift and you are concerned about the weakness of your squad don't promote yet.

ben_fluleck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:11 pm

stay below the autopromo line , win the league and throw your qualifier , get rich and train young stars on 10 nets each untill you are ready to promote
Wingnut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ianholdroyd18 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:16 pm

kk thanks

ianholdroyd18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:28 am

I'd say stop buying old players. You need to build foundations. You want a baseline decent player for most your squad, not too old, and then start putting in the foundations for your next team.

I currently have mostly 60-70k as my original foundation, they are now around 23-25 years old. My next team is developing and is 100k+ csr and 21-24.

By sticking to well trained younger players I know that their csr is a realistic reflection of skill (often not the case in very old players, who have 2-3 exceptional skills boosting it). I then keep my TT varied so that they don't end up too imbalanced.

This allowed me to promote and survive against teams with higher csr averages, but less rounded players.

The one oldie I have is my kicker, and I have already bought a much younger replacement (not quite as good a kicker, but ah well).
Raggs
Admin

View user profile http://brengland.forumotion.me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top