Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hendre Fourie

2 posters

Go down

Hendre Fourie Empty Hendre Fourie

Post by Basil Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Has retired from all rugby, but as he was only here on a sporting visa (despite playing for England) he is now being thrown out of the country

Seems odd to me

Basil

Back to top Go down

Hendre Fourie Empty Re: Hendre Fourie

Post by quind Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 pm

it's odd. not sure what would have happened had he appealed.

but in simple terms they are the rules, and I'll assume as a responsible adult he checked those before he came here

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:22 am

But surely if you represent England then you should no longer need a visa to live here?

He probably thought he would be 'working' for another 2 years which is all he needed to get residency

Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:37 am

He might care to query the sort of visa that I assume Sale sorted for him. And yes there is an issue that he needs to leave the country now to reapply for a different sort of visa, which seems a little loony.

But if he goes back to SA and applys to come here as a teacher I'd say he's a shoe in. So if he thinks of it as a 2-3 month break post retiring it won't be the worst thing to spend a few weeks in SA

His visa will be work specific, and if he is no longer doing that then it doesn't strike me as odd he's being asked to leave. Perhaps there should be a clause such that if you represent a country for certain events you gain permanent residency, but it's not the done thing as yet

In any bureaucratic system there will be examples of lunacy. But if you just keep adding exceptions, such as it appears many would like in this instance that's an even faster wasy to ensure lunacy.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum