Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried About Bankruptcy

5 posters

Go down

Worried About Bankruptcy Empty Worried About Bankruptcy

Post by EddieBono Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:50 am

Hi guys,

It's my first season in BR and my club is Whampoa Rangers. We've just got off bottom of the league recently and after a string of poor results threatening to pull us down again, I've shaken my team up and am trying to purchase an entirely new, U20 XV. I've bid $16,000 for each player and as a result my bank balance has gone from $200,000 + to $40,000. Exclamation I'm getting pretty worried about the finances, especially the weekly expenses, and also the fact that my new players have huge wages compared to my previous guys. Sad To top it off, I fired about seven players in a fit of pique because they just wouldn't sell, even at $1! Mad I can't unbid now and so am sinking further and further into a nervous breakdown. affraid

Help needed please!

EddieBono

http://whampoarangers.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Worried About Bankruptcy Empty Re: Worried About Bankruptcy

Post by Tedage Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:49 am

Potentially how much more money do you stand to lose on transfers?

Tedage

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmsy Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Firing players that wont sell for much is often times the best solution as it will cost you more to pay their wages for the week than you would get for actually selling them in some cases!

Also bankruptcy is at -$500,000 so you've got a long way to go, just dont spend any more money and it will all be ok Smile
Harmsy
Harmsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:24 pm

My finances at present are -316,000! Ouch, but at least I'm starting to break even.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:22 pm

As has been said, -500k is the problem point, and you're a long way off. Make sure you fire/sell players that you never use. And if you're planning on upgrading your stadium do it properly! Most massive and long term problems come from Stadium screwups.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jumpinbeans Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Hey Eddie - looking at your league it looks like you were placed in a tough position but in a way you should be ok. You won't be being promoted this season but that isn't a bad thing. In your division you have 4 other players two of which started today.

Once thing to remember is that next season you will start with an extra 20k per week as it'll register that you have played a season.

With regards firing players it is the way to go in my opinion. It clears them out quickly so you don't pay wages and in all honesty starting players don't sell for much anyway. Get down to the minimum 22 and if you need a player promote an oldy from your youth. I'd recommend player wish aiming at 15-18k players 19yrs and under. If you look at my transfers they were all pretty much under 30k averaging around 15k so if you could get half a side to be able to compete next season.

Jumpinbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum