Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stadium Expansions - how frequent?

3 posters

Go down

Stadium Expansions - how frequent? Empty Stadium Expansions - how frequent?

Post by eddbutt Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:55 am

I've always been of the opinion that it's best to do one massive stadium expansion every few seasons, but am now wondering whether regular small expansions are a better idea.

My thinking is that the only reason for not expanding small is the £25,000 hit you expand each time, but you could make that back after just one or two games, so the quick small and regular expansions is looking more appealing to me.

Thoughts?...

eddbutt

Back to top Go down

Stadium Expansions - how frequent? Empty Re: Stadium Expansions - how frequent?

Post by quind Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:21 pm

The big thing to avoid is games that don't sell out imo. So expand with caution, especially if bots may lurk, try to time expansions to complete after R2 or R3 of the cup so less chance of bot games there, never expand when relegating.

And yes, the £25k one off fee isn't the worry, so smaller expansions and ensuring 95% attendance a much better for my money

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesbass Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:35 am

Agreed with both. I was considering a large ish stadium expansion, but having looked at the figures and the construction time I have just decided to do it as two smaller expansions.

The abortive cost of £25k will be covered by the additional revenue received from one home game and the smaller expansion will take half the time....by my reckoning I will get two home games (maybe even three depending on the cup) in the 4 weeks I have saved on construction time so I should actually end up in profit!

jamesbass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down