Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JWC - England Win in 2013

4 posters

Go down

JWC - England Win in 2013 Empty JWC - England Win in 2013

Post by quind Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Congrats to the England squad for their win, anyone care to predict which of the players will go on to have successful senior careers for England?  Or even who might play in the AP or Championship?

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

JWC - England Win in 2013 Empty Re: JWC - England Win in 2013

Post by quind Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:43 pm

The norm by the way is for perhaps 3 players to push on at senior levels. And whilst this is the first team from England to win I'm not sure it's the best, not a patch on the 2011 team for me.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelbolton Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:10 pm

I agree the 2011 team was miles better Smile

I would say for AP Clifford, LCD, Watson, Nowell and my long shot Barrow

For England I think its only going to be Watson and LCD

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:18 pm

3 it is then . . . 

Cowan Dickie -      presumably no explanation needed here, a few more kilos and hes looking the real deal.

Clifford -      based purely on his performances in the JWC. Translating this form to seniors is a big ask but, like Cowan Dickie, Cliffords a very good rugby player, in the right places most of the time and did a great job driving the pack on.

Nowell -      possibly more obvious choices in the backs but I like the look of Nowell very much. Perhaps not a Senior International player but I can see him being very strong in the AP for years to come.
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:24 am

It doesn't have to be 3, sometimes only 2 go on to get senior caps.  I think 5 is the number so far from the class of '11

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spudola1 Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 am

Cowan Dickie looks a sure bet to play for the full England team one day, I also like the look of Nowell.

In terms of AP appearances, expect to see more of the winger Ben Howard turning out for Worcester this season, he made a few cup appearances for us last season and started our last two AP games. Also, with our lack of depth on the wing all it would take is a couple of injuries and he could well end up with an extended run in the side! He is thought of highly at Sixways and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some regular AP game time over the next few seasons only for a bigger AP club to sign him as has happened with every decent academy player we have ever produced Mad

That said he certainly needs to work on his defence and decision making. I thought his attempted tackle for the Welsh opening try was weak (didn't help that he was caught so far infield and had too much ground to make up to get to the cross kick) and he butchered a great scoring opportunity - after running a great line - to score before half time.
spudola1
spudola1

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:05 am

Some previous U20 players who have seen full caps come their way

2008 - Corbs, Goode
2009 - Ben Youngs and Courtney 'beard loves me' Lawes
2010 - Burns and Marler
2011 - Wade, Launchbury, Farrell, Vunipola, JJ
2012- Kvescic and Yarde

There are others who've played and no longer feature so much like Sharples, others who've barely featured like the other Vunipola, Thomas, Simpson, May

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum