Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRB Player of the Year Nominations

+2
jeolmaga
quind
6 posters

Go down

Nominate your player of the year

IRB Player of the Year Nominations I_vote_rcap0% IRB Player of the Year Nominations I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
 IRB Player of the Year Nominations I_vote_rcap38% IRB Player of the Year Nominations I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 9 ]
 IRB Player of the Year Nominations I_vote_rcap0% IRB Player of the Year Nominations I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
 IRB Player of the Year Nominations I_vote_rcap50% IRB Player of the Year Nominations I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]
 IRB Player of the Year Nominations I_vote_rcap12% IRB Player of the Year Nominations I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

IRB Player of the Year Nominations Empty IRB Player of the Year Nominations

Post by quind Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:52 am

So the nominations for this rather odd award are upon us once more, let's not forget they managed to shortlist one Owen Farrell not so long ago. Seems a straight fight between Halfpenny and Read, but who would the BR England award go to?

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

IRB Player of the Year Nominations Empty Re: IRB Player of the Year Nominations

Post by jeolmaga Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:23 am

kieran read without a doubt. If i were to rank them I'd go:
Kieran Read
Leigh Halfpenny
Ben Smith
Eben Etzebeth
Sergio Parisse
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny2Hats Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:18 am

Halfpenny, has had a monster year, especially with the lions.
my ranking:

Halfpenny
Read
---- gap ----
Smith
Parisse
Etzebeth

Jonny2Hats

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilz Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:01 pm

I voted for Louw in the actual competition. However, some people would say I'm biased. Gone for Read on here.
Wilz
Wilz

Back to top Go down

Post by BigThor23 Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Leigh!

BigThor23

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:35 am

Halfpenny just the one vote behind Read now, and I pretty much thought Read would get 100% of the vote

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Flu444 Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:50 am

Read it was, probably fair but still think it should have been Leigh

Flu444

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:27 am

Leigh might have had a stronger claim had Wales and the Lions done any attacking over the year. But mostly kicking the ball away doesn't get you many fans, though his depth coverage, defence and goal kicking have been outstanding. Goal kicking does of course get you a lot of fans, but if we were to take that away his game this season doesn't offer much more than an option like Brad Barritt, who's also outstanding in defence (when fit). Read has been brilliant in all possible facets of his game

To me it's an odd thing that you wouldn't want a player as good as Halfpenny to be integral to your attack, but there we go.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down