Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice for breeding young nationals

4 posters

Go down

Advice for breeding young nationals Empty Advice for breeding young nationals

Post by cheeseman Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Evening gentlemen,

I have been playing BR since season 11 and have now got a sufficient stage that I think I can begin to breed u20 players. I have the top training facilities/staff for both youth and senior teams and currently in Div III (although I will be demoted at the end of this season)

I have saved all of my stars for this season and currently sitting on 80 stars

I am looking for general advice on how many stars to use, when to promote, training schedules and how regularly I should play them in my team (for risk of injuries and such)

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section but hopefully some of you wise old folk can point me in the right direction

Regards,
Cheesey-McCheese-man
cheeseman
cheeseman

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.office.php#page=summary&a

Back to top Go down

Advice for breeding young nationals Empty Re: Advice for breeding young nationals

Post by michaelbolton Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:58 pm

This is probably the right place to be honest. I'm hardly wise old folk (same age and younger team) but I have been on here a fair while and think I can answer most of your questions.
You need to scout each player with at least 20 stars and depending on who you ask probably 30-50. You need to scout in even seasons between R2 and probably about R7 to maximise the training they will receive.
If you want to train them for England then you will almost certainly need a L3 youth academy and L5 senior training. They will need 10 sessions each which you will be helped with nearer the time. There is always someone to help and they are a friendly bunch normally Razz Promote them as soon as they turn 17, training depends on position and manager but someone will help and finally play them at every available opportunity injuries and energy are almost irrelevant. Like I said to train for us 10x L5 training is a must but if it interests you, you can probably train for a different country with worse training but you will need to buy them in obviously. I take it you have looked at the sort of levels the current bunch of U20s are and feel you know roughly what targets to aim for. Please feel free to ask any more questions you have or that I answered badly.
Hope I have been some help
MB

michaelbolton

Back to top Go down

Advice for breeding young nationals Empty Re: Advice for breeding young nationals

Post by Wingnut Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Have you got any 16 year olds in your academy scouted with a decent number of stars? 20+ stars

becouse the next cycle for scouting 16 year olds is not untill season 22 so that they turn 20 in season 26 which is a world cup year.

unless you pick up a 17 year old on the market next season or have a 16 year old on good stars now you have kind of missed the boat for the season 24

you could find an 18 year old on the TM this season or a 19 year old next season who will qualify for season 22 , however not many will be for sale with potential to make a world cup squad and if they are they will cost a bomb.

so the best plan may be save stars untill season 22 round 2 day 1 and scout players for the season 26 world cup group.

whilst following that plan with your YA you could find some reasonably priced 17 year olds next season to push for a season 24 world cup spot.

mind if your runninf full senior and junior set ups in division 4 you might not be able to afford to buy a special 17 or 19 year old U20 potential player next season.

if you go for the option of scouting in season 22 you will have saved 80 stars plus the next 22 weeks worth so 300 stars.

you could scout six 50 star players on round 2 day 1 ,round 2 day 2 , round 3 day 2 , round 4 day 2 , round 5 day 2 and round 6 day 2 of the season

Play them every game in your academy On TNT , set universal Team training like stamina handling defence and speed unless you scout 5 forwards then train tech and strength.

Promote them on the day they turn 17 or as close to that day as possible.

when they turn 17 set a senior regime on 10 nets after communication with the U20 manager, if you have a youth manager as your players skills are revealed in the academy post them on here to get an early idea of which position to train them for so you know what senior trainers you need if you have not already got the correct set up.

choose the best 3 17 year olds to train and sell the other 2
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by cheeseman Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Ok that seems like pretty sound and detailed advise from both of you guys thanks. Very Happy

Wing you asked if I had any 20+ star players currently and the answer is yes:
http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=7561022 (20 stars)

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=7641631 (20 stars)

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=7645917 (20 stars)

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=7650904 (20 stars)

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=7690529 (20 stars)

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=7703923 (20 stars)

I have recently promoted these players whom I hope can deliver some prospect:

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12910111 (20 stars and currently on x10 training at level 5 coaches & lv 5 facilities)

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=13016238 (20 stars currently on x10 training at level 4 and 5 coaches & lv 5 facilities)

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=13050166 (20 stars currently on x5 training at level 4 and 5 coaches & lv 5 facilities)

I was saving all my stars for next season at the start so I would have ridiculous amounts but would you suggest only using 50 at a time max? Do they become less effective after that limit?

Also wing you were saying about keeping all my stars until season 22. I may do this so I can successively promote a 6 week stint of great players but a) that means a lot of waiting and b) although this seems strange, I would like to keep as many decent prospects as possible and would rather not sell them (unless I'm so poor I have to)

What do you guys think about this?
cheeseman
cheeseman

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:45 pm

if you scout 17 year olds next season they wont be prime candidates for a world cup. so if you main goal is to get an U20 you are seriously giving yourself bad odds.

thats why wait for season 22 it gives you the best odds possible.

keeping the best 3 and selling the other three would provide you with potentially enough money from 3 sales to continue to run a good YA and improve future chances it also means an englishmen can buy them and train for the country so it improves our overall player pool.

Federico Moriero is your best chance for a season 24 world cup spot becouse all of your other 20 star players are either already 17 which is too old or have a late birthday next season which means they lose out on too many week sof training round 13 round 11 and round 15 birthdays means your losing 110 nets of training atleast on your prospect.

add team training into the mix and your youngest 16 year old other than Federico loses about 154 sessions of training plus his birthday is day 5 round 11 so add another 14 missed sessions. he loses 168 sessions against players with birthdays in round 1.

becouse allot of managers manipulae scouting to get birthdays in round 1 you are at a very big disadnavtage.

thus your best shot is Federico Moriero , if he is good you may want to train him .

though that still leaves you with 20 spare sessions which will be most likely best used on players who turn 17 in season 23 to be trained for the season 26 world cup.

hence why save all your stars and scout 6 players on 50 stars in season 22 , the more players you scout the less likely you are to spend all your stars and get unlucky with a player with bad discipline or basically a player with bad stats.

the whole plan is to improve the probability of getting a good player and if you get 6 good ones then all the better sell the other 3 and improve englands player pool whilst making money

with regards to your current 3 players on 10 nets they are all eligible for the U20 cup in season 22 ... allow me to contact somone who knows more about the current U20 batch so as we can advise on future training and if indeed they are worth continuing to train towards the squad or not.

if they are it means you require 1 or 2 less 17 year olds to train in season 23 but if not
then the plan will be ofcourse to scout and train atleast 2 players in seasons 22 and 23 onwards.
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Wing I've got a question on this aswell, with regards to waiting until season 22 r2 d1 to scout... I have 632 stars at the moment, how many will I have by the time it comes to scouting? :p as you can probably tell I've upgraded to l2s and l3s but haven't really used me yet Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Level 3 training facility to be completed on jan 14th, I've got level 3 manager but the other two are still l2s at the moment :s

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:44 pm

miniman if you have a level 3 scout now you have 23 weeks to collect before scouting in season 22 week 2 which means you should have 862 stars
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:05 pm

862 stars means a lotta hard earned cash when I'm selling 13 guys at 50 starts each Wink I'll keep the other 3 to train myself Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:19 pm

your scouting thirteen players on 66.6 stars each ?
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:29 pm

50 stars each Smile can you scout everyday or not?

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Scouting in BR is an everyday thing, but to answer the question I'm supposing is being asked you can't do it every day. You can scout once every round, with the new week for scouting commencing each Tuesday.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by cheeseman Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:34 pm

I cant remember who suggested it, maybe Tangy, with the idea of replacing all my 0 star player with 10 stars just to raise the standard of my YA. Is this preferable or should I wait to scout 6 players art 50 stars each (currently my favoured plan)?
cheeseman
cheeseman

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:38 pm

Depends what the aim of the YA is. If you'd like to have some possible options rolling out of the YA in 3-4 seasons then starting to scout some players on 10 stars isn't a bad idea., though even at club level I'd be inclined to use 16-20 stars. If you only want to pursue some U20 options I'd be inclined to wait.

If you have 0 star players, or for any other reason players of no use to you in the YA then they can be left to age out. If you've a level 3 scout each of those players will automatically be replaced with a 10 star lad with no cost to your stars currently hoarded.

Lastly, there are some managers noting a YA stacked with players scouted on 10+ stars works better than a YA with 18 players at 0 stars and just 4 players scouted on say 75 stars each. An assumption if you will that 0 star players drop the standard of attainment in training. I've no data to suggest if this may be true or otherwise, my guess is that with more players being scouted on 10+ stars they're simply seeing more better players, and thus the claim is dependent on some observational and/or confirmation bias. So I make this note only to advise I know such theory is being mooted, even if only by a minority, and leave it that we're all free to make our own judgement.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by cheeseman Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Thanks for your input mate. You have given me a lot of good ideas and I think I will let my 0 stars age out or use them to put new players at 20+ stars in and then immediately fire them.

Hopefully this way, I will be able to put a few 20 star players into my YA this season and then save all my stars next season to introduce decent players (50 stars each) in weeks 1,2 and 3 in season 22
cheeseman
cheeseman

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:52 pm

interesting theory IGT is related to the strength of opponents so is training related to the strength of team mates?

i think not in seniors never seen any evidence but i like the juniors idea Smile
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down