Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where would you play this player?

2 posters

Go down

Where would you play this player? Empty Where would you play this player?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:58 pm

I made y first foray in to the transfer market and picked up what looks a decent looking player but I don't think he's suited to where I had intended.

He's 188cm & 104kg with princely handling, strength and speed, reputable jumping and technique.

I had planned to play him at hooker using his handling for the line outs but looking now he'd be a bit taller than the props which wouldn't work in the scrum. I did wonder about playing him at number 8 to utilise his strength and speed as well as height in the line out but would underutilise his handling.

I'm starting to wonder if he'd be better at scrum half or a strong defensive centre.

What would you think?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Back to top Go down

Where would you play this player? Empty Re: Where would you play this player?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Should point out it's a new team at Level V and he's obviously better than any of the players in the team at the moment so would improve wherever he's played, just want to get the best benefit from him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:11 pm

scrumhalf would be nice

so would hooker , how short are your props?

openside wouldnt hurt either

whats his agility?
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:17 pm

Current props are 177cm & 181cm. His agility's Moderate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:20 pm

ok so flanker then
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Looks like an openside in Div V. What level team training is there, and what is being trained? I ask as by Div 4 having reputable technique will get a back row player into some problems. If he becomes an issue in the back row and you're wanting to keep him then 2 or 12 might be an option, I'd think more hooker with the low agility. Yes there's a scrum penalty for different heights, but the scrum penalty with those heights isn't a killer (weight and strength might be bigger problems), the big question then is does his handling make him your best hooker?

Lineout is by far the most important setpiece, much more so than scrums/restarts, accounting for over 50% of 1st phase ball, and so all things being equal the hooker is a huge part of securing territory.

Don't worry too much about training now, there's a fair chance you'll have replaced every player in the squad within the next 4 seasons. The big thing to stay on top off is not seeing wages spike with too many new signings, and the more money you can reserve to use in Div 4 the better. Div V isn't one to spend a lot of money getting out of if it can be helped.

Right now you've a decently active Div V, with 3 active managers, forget the team in first they're a ocm (one click manager) who joined the game and then never returned.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:10 pm

Interesting, thanks for this responses. His handling is far better than anyone else at the moment which was why I planned to have him at hooker.

I only have L1 for training facilities and coaches at the moment (wanted to wait a couple of weeks to see how the finances worked before building things I can't afford). TT is stamina and defence, I haven't set him for IT yet but will look to over the weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down