Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bench experience?

5 posters

Go down

Bench experience? Empty Bench experience?

Post by Mazzeha Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Do palyers gain experience on the bench?

Mazzeha

Back to top Go down

Bench experience? Empty Re: Bench experience?

Post by Mr Kearns Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:04 pm

I think they do get experience but only if they actually get on the pitch.

Not sure how much but I'm sure one of the regulars knows!
Mr Kearns
Mr Kearns

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmsy Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:28 pm

They get experience just from sitting on the bench, pretty certain I've had an experience pop from a player who just sat on the bench.

I would expect it to be a dramatically minor gain though...
Harmsy
Harmsy

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Did he just sit on the bench and never come on as an injury replacement. The docs suggest plaers gain experience releative to the amount of time actually on the pitch.

if they gain exp just being on the bench you could assign a bench role to a shagged trainee and make sure they're not listed to actually come on as a replacement, just for the exp

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by mmm Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Even if they're not listed as a replacement they can be subbed on, if the other players are too.

I normally have 4 forward subs and 3 backs, but sometimes I only list 2 backs as the third is not much cop due to energy and/or form.

If the first 2 backs go on and there's another back injury the ME subs on the non-listed sub.

I think this shows what a pile of $rude_word the subs setup is. In the real world, you often swap players around when there's and injury, for example Hook came on for Cuthbert in Wales v Ireland, but he's not a wing, so Halfpenny moved to the wing and Hook took over at fullback.

You could even envisage a situation where the oncoming player moved to 10 the 10 to 15 and then the 15 to 11 or whatever.

Anyway there's no point in me ranting about this here, and I think the devs know the limitations of their ME in this regard.
mmm
mmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmsy Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Yep he didn't play 1 minute of the match, I remember thinking to myself it was worth remembering.

I guess the BR explanation of it would be in RL you still go through the warm-up and pre-match preparation as well as actually sitting watching a match. Still get the team talks and learn all the strategies etc.
Harmsy
Harmsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum