Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

picking my squad

2 posters

Go down

picking my squad Empty picking my squad

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Mon May 14, 2012 8:42 pm

just a quick question, when i'm looking to pick a player for a particular position, do i base it more on their stats or wichever recieved the best reporters commentary?
because i was using the commentary but its been quite inconsistent lately
thanks afro
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

picking my squad Empty Re: picking my squad

Post by mmm Mon May 14, 2012 11:24 pm

I go by stats.

For the forwards it's mostly about height and weight but the other stats count too.

The backs, it's more about the other stats.

There's a website which might help you

http://brmanager.go1.cc/

Essentially they have a spreadsheet where you can set a set of weights for each skill for each position and then a team selector which works out which chap is best for each position for you without you having to do any hard maths.

Hope this helps.
mmm
mmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Thu May 17, 2012 11:59 am

that is very helpful thanks, but now i have some questions about it =/
when you say the team selector, do you mean when you go on 'squad' 'lineup'? and then if thats the case would you use potential gross, best rating or average action? because with all three its picked some weird positions for players
or would it be better to use the benchmarks page to pick each position? in which case what are the minimum and maximum ratings for? reporters stars??
cheers this has been quite confusing to me
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Thu May 17, 2012 12:06 pm

or do you just click on skills and use that spreadsheet and decide for yourself who'd be best where?
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by mmm Thu May 17, 2012 5:32 pm

A little from column A, a little from column B

Yes I mean squad 'lineup'

I mostly use the 'Potential with form and energy' as this includes form and energy in the calc and with a 30 man squad this is very useful.
The Potential gross is good to see where people should be in general, and I use that for setting my default team.
Best rating and average action use the number of stars the player got in that position in previous matches. Either their best effort, or the average over their career. I personally don't find this very helpful, but I can see why the coder included it.

With any of these methods you do get some ridiculous field placements, I have a 207cm 131kg second row and it keeps wanting him to play in the front row. So I tend to use the Potential with Form and Energy, to order the dropdowns for each position and then use my brain to decide who will play where. I know who my front rowers/second rowers/back rowers are, and choose them accordingly. As for the backs, well we all know that it doesn't matter who plays where as they're all pansies!

There was another tool, which is sadly discontinued, where rather than height and weight being used for weighting, like say speed and strength, they could be applied as limits, so you could say that no forward could be under 100kg and no front row over 185cm or suchlike, which did seem to produce better results. I suppose my method is manually applying such filters to the brmanager tables.

Hope this helps.
mmm
mmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Thu May 17, 2012 6:57 pm

yes that helped a lot thanks. and i've found that by doing my own formulas i tend to get more results that make sense. only problem is br will use data and statistics based on what the creater would have percieved were needed for each position, as most things are really opinion based. so now its trying to figure out what br thinks is best for each position rather than what i think is best. or is that the default formula?
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by mmm Thu May 17, 2012 7:22 pm

I think the default formula are what the Frenchman who wrote the site thinks BRs formula are, or what he thinks they should be for rugby. I don't think he knows the game engine any better than you do.
mmm
mmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Thu May 17, 2012 7:36 pm

okay thanks, i'd say it'd be good for the br guys themselves to do one. but i guess that'd be cheating. well thanks for all your help
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down