Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affiliates

+4
Radiohead
jeolmaga
Meeeeeeeat_
Mr Kearns
8 posters

Go down

Affiliates Empty Affiliates

Post by Mr Kearns Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Ok, thought I would be the one to brave this topic as I wouldn't mind it being cleared up.

What is the purpose of this? Is it just so that people can run 2 teams in different countries as it states that you can't transfer players between the 2.

The only benefit I can see is running one as a farm team to generate good, young players and not worry about the league standings etc. My Mum always told me not to cheat so not keen on this if this is possible.

On a similar note, I know a few guys in my office use BR and I recently was told that it all comes under the same IP address and could be flagged up as cheating. I genuinely have no idea about computers so wanted to know what the likelihood of this is?
Mr Kearns
Mr Kearns

Back to top Go down

Affiliates Empty Re: Affiliates

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:53 pm

not really sure why they brought it in tbh, but as i understand it, you can't transfer players between teams that have ever used the same ip adress. so to have a farm team you either need to get someone else to do it or only do it in a different building.
as for your work mates, i'm not sure how the people who run br would take this, hopefully if you and your colleagues also go home and log on you'll still have different ip adresses and they'll recognise this. just to be on the safe side i'd contact them just to let them know. for example me and my brother run teams from a shared computer at home and often go on one after the other so i let them know and they said they'd made notes next to the accounts. whether these rules now means we have to do something i dont know, i don't particularly fancy paying to move to a different country
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Well some people get bored with their main team and want to start a new and face new challenges. Others do it to help a new country others do it to help their old country training u20/nat players. Others just do it because they're bored.
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiohead Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:09 pm

I've started an affiliate team in South Korea. I have been stuck in Div 3 for a while now and wanted a new challenge as its getting a bit boring. I chose a small nation to see if I could get to Div 1 and help out there NT/U20 sides without moving my 1st team as I'm English and proud of it.
It might not be as easy as I first thought as Churchill, Flintoff, Havoc and Pantherus have also started affiliates in SK.
Radiohead
Radiohead

Back to top Go down

Post by jimjam_w Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Well, they say they will put or have all the measures in place to stop farm teams - tracked through IP addresses. There is something when you join about flagging up to BR if you log on in a communal place, such as work or college - so I'd advise a mail to tell them you are above board.

Mr K - it in't about cheating, as jeol says, there are plenty of reasons, for me, it is being able to start from scratch knowing what I know now and hopefully making a better fist of it...building quicker and not making the wasteful mistakes I made with my first team. But I enjoy them too much to give them up! And like Radio...I'm English and proud of it Smile

Having fun in Canada...I hope...although I made the move a day too late - three teams above me joined the day or two before me and are all in the playoffs...ha! Ah well, a season to grow a new team and train train train!

jimjam_w

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Kearns Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 am

Cheers for the responses guys.

I will definitely stick with my original team but I can see what you mean about starting out again and actually knowing what you're doing jim, I would have saved a lot of money for better investments!

I might even go over to a new country with a different team and play around with the U20 set up. No way I'm giving up my team now as I've been training a few guys WAY too long!
Mr Kearns
Mr Kearns

Back to top Go down

Post by Mega man al Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:19 pm

This was an interesting addition to BR in my opinion. In one way I think its a great idea, starting a fresh again minus your original errors (expanding the stadium anyone?). Also we all know that once you reach a certain level in BR it gets harder and harder to advance so the appeal of being able to challenge for league titles again and watch a squad develop is an appealing prospect.

But this is what I think is wrong with it (or the minus of it). Its a benefit for premium members as it were and your affiliate club will be half price the subscription fee. As a premium member for a while as I think others are don't really pay for benefits of being a PM as they don't really count for much. Its just a way of supporting the game and the developers. I think in a non profit making way it would have been better to make the feature free to premium members for 1 additional club, making it more appealing to non members to dig into there pockets.

I'm not overly convinced this will stop people running farm teams or other clubs for free despite there claim of better tools to discover cheaters, but in fairness it took someone else's detective work to out Darren Pellow. Hence I don't believe its a development for our benefit more there's (money plus less cheating problems) So its interesting but this doesn't mean the idea of starting another team in another country doesn't appeal to me as I believe I will yo yo between Div4 and 3 for a while!
Mega man al
Mega man al

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:06 pm

I'm undecided. I think the main reason for it is financial income (it targets those who have already shown they are willing to pay). That is not necessarily a negative as I understand these games need to be financially successful for the developers to continue to run it.

Further, if I have time to run a second team, this would allow me, a player of less than 1 seasons experience, to get twice the experience in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Humps is right, it targets those that are willing to pay.

They still have no more ways to detect cheaters, not even basic algorithms (quite obviously) to detect identical IPs. If the API could download IPs from the latest signins, you could catch 100s of cheaters within an hour I reckon.

So in short, cheaters will continue cheating, and only get caught if a manager bothers to try and catch them, and the honest will pay for the privilege. Along with that, anyone who is caught cheating, will more than likely just have to pay for the premium/moving ticket and not have any further action taken.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:20 pm

How do we know there are no tools to detect cheaters Raggs? Why are non being put in place? Text based games from the 1990s I used to play had sophisticated IP tracking tools so this certainly should.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Because there are people with multiple matching IP addresses, logging in within minutes of each other, and they aren't being caught for years.

I've just reported, and now had a case finalised on a multi that has existed since 2009, and only when I reported him was any action taken. 95% of that action was the manager himself saying he was bored with the multi and letting it go.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mega man al Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Having had more time to contemplate this one after my first post I have decided not to take up this option.

I already pay and for this I think developers should make further developments to entice or tempt non playing members to dig into their pockets. If they had introduced this feature saying that now Premium members can have 1 associate club free. The idea of being able to run 2 clubs might have tempted non payers to pay so they could run more than one team (legally)

Calling it a development is a bit of cheek also in my opinion. Developing in my mind equals a new match engine or making avatars for individual players or having players on the 2d pitch as well as the ball. I'm sure these aren't 5 minute jobs and would take some overhauling but it is the point of a business to continue developing to generate business.

What does make this game great is the forum's and other peoples involvement which has cost me no extra but at the same time has not cost BR any pennies at all.

I think this 'development' is a lazy attempt to try and claim to have done something important whilst they really haven't. 16 weeks does not sneak up on anyone and if other projects are being funded by this one they should ensure that this product remains a good one and the develops to keep people interested in funding it. Tweaking line ups and the ME plus this does not constitute 16 weeks worth of work more 16hrs at best. Also as Raggs has claimed cheaters will still cheat so the development has made the game any fairer for the paying/unpaying fair players of the game.

The Business Development Team introduced seems to be an answer to ease the pressure on their many projects by letting volunteers discuss and drive the business but really are they now relying on letting the good natured members of BR carry the site whilst they reap the profits? Yet again it seems lazy to me (these are just my thoughts and I hope to offend no one, well maybe the developers a little Very Happy )

Thought I should add this isn't a everyone follow me and boycott the idea rallying cry this is just my decision lol
Mega man al
Mega man al

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:30 pm

well thing is. i'm not gonna pay just so me AND my brother can carry on playing, they have the right to because its their game but i'd stop playing. and they said an alternative is to move to another country, but even that costs. i'd do it if they made it free for people like us this one time and so long as it didn't mean losing all my players etc. but they cba to do that so we're gonna keep going like normal so long as you all don't decide we're cheating because we're not. the two teams have only ever had friendlies between each other. i don't even know how else they could interact so its kinda hard to cheat..

EDIT: they made it impossible ages ago to transfer players and/or money between the two anyway so its not like we can do anything. also neither of us are premium so its also not like we only log on one team and gain the benefits for both by just searching the other and looking at their stats e.g. tm, match/league stats etc
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by jeolmaga Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 am

Errr... if there are 2 legit managers then its alright to play freemium
jeolmaga
jeolmaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimatem Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:12 am

jeolmaga wrote:Errr... if there are 2 legit managers then its alright to play freemium

This is what I was just about to say.

Ultimatem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum