Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revised EPS announced ahead of the QBE Test Series

+5
Courage1989
quick
Tubbs
Meeeeeeeat_
quind
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Revised EPS announced ahead of the QBE Test Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Revised EPS announced ahead of the QBE Test Series

Post by moocows911 Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:18 pm

woop woop woop Very Happy]

GLAAWWWSTERRRR

moocows911

Back to top Go down

Revised EPS announced ahead of the QBE Test Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Revised EPS announced ahead of the QBE Test Series

Post by quind Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 am

Burns and 36 called up

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by beardface Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:18 am

good, both deserve a shot.
beardface
beardface

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Launchbury called up too now to cover a knock to Palmer.

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 pm

So a lot of these boys that a lot of people are clamouring for are obviously right on the edge of selection. Lets hope they all put in a good days work at every opportunity and make it stick.
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

https://brengland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Well they couldn't have been much further down. I'm glad Launchbury is now in the EPS, even if it does tend to suggest even more though that Botha is nailed on for selection - heh ho

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quick Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Launchbury is a quality player for Wasps.

quick

Back to top Go down

Post by BrockVH Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Having worked for QBE for almost 13 years it seems weird to see our name splattered all over the rugby! When I joined we were comparatively tiny and didn't sponsor anything. I'd love to say it was down to me but it certainly wasn't Very Happy

BrockVH

Back to top Go down

Post by BrockVH Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Though it does have the advantage of being able to score loads of corporate tickets for the games drunken

BrockVH

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 am

Joe Marler
Tom Youngs
Dan Cole
Tom Palmer
Geoff Parling
Tom Johnson
Chris Robshaw
Thomas Waldrom
Danny Care
Toby Flood
Ugo Monye
Brad Barritt
Manu Tuilagi
Charlie Sharples
Alex Goode

Replacements:

David Paice (London Irish), David Wilson (Bath), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Tom Wood (Northampton), Ben Youngs (Leicester), Owen Farrell (Saracens), Mike Brown (Harlequins)

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quick Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Happy Goode got the nod

quick

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:10 pm

dont like sharples but oh well. could be worse
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:35 am

Neither winger is a creative soul at heart, but at least Monye has been called up on this seasons form. Sharples is in the EPS based on form from a long time back.

Still Sharples is fast, and that counts. So lets see how he does.

Worth noting again if the England management were paying attention there's no reason Ashton wouldn't have been available.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 am

Whys that Quin? The Ashton thing?
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:23 am

Ashton was cited for a suspect tackle (shoulder charge really) against Saints. The citing was the equivalent of a yellow card, and he'd already had 2 yellos this season.

3 yellows that clsoe together leads to a one match ban

Had England 'released' him to play for Sarries the one match ban would have taken place for the Sarries match he was never going to play in.

As England didn't release him the timing of the ban commenced after the Sarries match such he would then miss the Fiji match.

Had England released him I think everyone would have known what they'd done, but as long as no one said anything we'd have had Ashton available.

So England may have acted in the wider interests of the sport is one view, the other they've missed a trick as they weren't paying attention.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggs Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:52 am

I'm sure someone would have spotted the trick, and it wouldn't have surprised me if Lancaster were using it as a punishment against Ashton?
Raggs
Raggs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:23 am

Not buying that. If being tough on those who need it was important to Burt he wouldn't have put Calum the Arm Breaker Clark into the England A squad

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:34 pm

ahh well it all went well anyway. actually tbf sharples had a pretty good game
i was there in the south stands!! awesome day!
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:50 am

If you were they how did they handle Goode stepping up into the line as a 2nd receiver, or optional 1st receiver on the shortside? i.e. did anyone drop back to act as a sweeper with Goode up in the line?

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 pm

well it was generally what ever side they were attacking, the opposite winger would drop back unless he was running a pre-planned move. i.e. if goode was attacking left, the right winger would drop back and act as sweeper.
also it gave flood more options obviously and so his game was more varier making it hard to predict, this is where he is much better than farrell, and he often played more flat than usual. also i noticed tuilagi was never as affective in the 6 nations because he was often stationery when recieving the ball, i think goode's organization and involvement meant that tuilagi could get some speed up before he was given the ball, so he made much more of an impact, shown in his two tries
also tom youngs was very impressive, he's dynamic, kinda like a szarzewski figure
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Allen, Botha, Burns, Corbisiero, Dickson, Dowson, Haskell, Joseph, Lawes, Monye, Morgan, Robson, Twelvetrees

13 players released back.

So no left winger, again.

quind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meeeeeeeat_ Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:07 pm

surprising actually, i was impressed by monye. always have been. also still prefer morgan to waldrom. also like corbs and lawes, though with our strength in debth in those areas i can see why
Meeeeeeeat_
Meeeeeeeat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2