Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie's Strategy

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Newbie's Strategy - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie's Strategy

Post by Wingnut Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:48 pm

it depends mate ... all depends how high starting skills are , if a centres tech starts on 9 or 10 i might wait a season or 2 seasons before training it , but if all core stats are high i would 1 net tech from day 1.

depending how good a prop is he could also receive 1 net from day 1 , or wait untill handling and attack hit double figures before starting on speed , depending on if you want him to have better attack or speed.

jumping on a winger i would probably leave out aslong as its a respectable level , jumping and kicking are the lowest priority stats on a winger and i would say aslong as jumping is about 7 then kicking comes first too, wingers with about 14 kicking are great but depending on your team and style of play it can be a waste to have too much kicking and not enough speed...
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by ihsaan Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:13 pm

How many stars do people think a youth player needs to be performing at on LTNT in order to pull them at 17? I'm looking at keeping most of my kids in the academy until they're 19 as this seems to be producing good results, but I need to start training some new ones next season. At the moment I have one player getting 3.5*s who will be 17 early next season ( http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=7153728 ) and two others getting 3*s. I was planning only to promote the one with 3.5*s and to leave the other 2, does this sound right? Or are 3* 16 year olds going to be trainable?

ihsaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:52 pm

3 stars should be trainable if they get 3 stars with low energy
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by ihsaan Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Is this guy worth training?

Aled Jones
17 y/o (R14, D4) | 18,974 CSR | $3,996 p.w. | 200cm | 115kg | Wales
Right handed, right footed, in decent form .
An aggressive player with reckless discipline, horrible leadership, and non-existent experience.
Energy: Perfect %
Stamina: Reputable Handling: Moderate
Attack: Horrible Defense: Reputable
Technique: Satisfactory Strength: Admirable
Jumping: Decent Speed: Horrible
Agility: Moderate Kicking: Horrible

Bearing in mind my tallest lock at the moment is 198cm and so at some point I need to train a couple of locks. Picked this guy up for £2K on the transfer market and not sure whether to train him. It's either him or this guy ( http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=7153728 ) who's been getting 3.5* ratings playing at hooker for my youth team on LTNT. I have 5 L4 defence slots, 1 L4 attack slot and 1 L3 Stamina slot available with TT on Attack, Defence, Handling and Stamina.

Do people think I should train the lock or wait to promote my hooker? Both are positions where I essentially have stop gaps who do a decent job but don't have the physicals to be long term solutions...

ihsaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:10 pm

wait for the hooker i think
Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by ihsaan Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:47 pm

How long do people generally train players? I've got a 20-year old who is probably the last of my first batch of trainees (when I was still developing facilities etc) who is turns 21 in round 8 and is currently 78K CSR. I was planning on training him for another season after this one, albeit only on 5-6 sessions, does that sound right? At the other end of the scale I have a 17 year old who turns 18 in round 6 and has 47K CSR. Is 22 years old the right sort of age to stop training do people think? My facilities and trainers are all Level 4 (bar my fitness and kicking coaches)

ihsaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:01 pm

22 is an ok age to stop mate . im leaning towards the age of 30 on my players but for a solid club and rotating older players training for 5 seasons is a good average.

Wingnut
Wingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by ihsaan Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:37 pm

One of my youth players got 4.5* on TNT this weekend. His form is reputable, he weighs 85kg and has a height of 183cm. His attack is medium and his speed is reputable. Is there any point in promoting him when he turns 7 in round 3? How many stars would we expect a potential U20 player to be getting at this stage?

ihsaan

Back to top Go down

Post by quind Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Stars lie, or at least can significantly mislead.

If you want to train him then yes promote him, if you know his kicking skill is high there could be value in putting him on the TM. Else I'd be inclined to keep him in the YA if it's a lvl 3. If the YA is below a level 3 I think you may as well take the risk of putting him on the TM even if you don't want to keep or train him.

With a very broad guess his CSR will be 24K or so, perhaps as high as 30K CSR. But absent of a high kicking skill such is selling for $15k and less as things stand

quind
Admin

Location : escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground

Back to top Go down

Post by ihsaan Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Yeah I have a Level 3 Academy and was planning on just keeping the kids in until they're about to turn 20, seems the most profit maximising way of doing it and I'm training enough people as it stands.

ihsaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2